“Amazing Eva Palace” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Kommeno Bay
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Amazing Eva Palace”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Have just returned from spending a relaxing week at the amazing Eva Palace, following a hectic weeks cruise. Our expectations of the 5 star hotel were high and we were not disappointed. The rooms are chic with excellent bay views, staff very friendly and helpful, food and drinks of excellent quality. Would recommend an upgrade to all inclusive as drinks are very expensive and this covers the cost of either a buffet dinner or bar snack.

We will be going back again, not something we do very often!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

From the moment I arrived until I checked out I could not find a single fault with the venue, accommodation or the wonderful staff.
I never had to say my name the staff all remembered my name.
Food wonderful, service excellent. Well worth a relaxing holiday

Room Tip: Go for a villa if you can alternatively a bungalow - number 60 named after Eva is the original house...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This is a really nice hotel - not convinced that it is 5 star standard but then again it is not priced as such.

The location is absolutely perfect with stunning views. Far enough away to be regarded as peaceful and tranquil but near enough to Corfu town and other localities not to be isolated. When you arrive, the hotel definitely has the wow factor - classic and chic.

The staff are extremely well trained, friendly but professional at all times and eager to help. If you have an issue, they will do everything they can to resolve.

Dining is a pleasure. I am not keen on all inclusive at all and avoid it at all costs; probably due to the usual canteen style buffet dining which I do not find pleasurable. However, I have to commend the hotel for getting this aspect spot on. The food is simply excellent, choice is superb and waiter service is very good.

The aspect that lets the hotel down, are the rooms. In terms of style, no problems at all. They are (I am assuming) purposely rustic and minimalistic - which in my mind works very well. However as with most things "the devil is in the detail". The quality of your stay will very much depend on your room and where it is - this should not be a concern when staying in a 5 star hotel.

We were unfortunate in that we had two rooms that had issues. However, I have to say that the staff handled the situation brilliantly and we were offered alternatives as soon as they were available.

If you do draw the short straw, I would recommend that you let the management team know ASAP because they do want you to enjoy your stay and will move you if possible.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Stratos M, General Manager at Grecotel Eva Palace, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your feedback and for sharing your viewpoint regarding your recent stay at the Eva Palace! We very much appreciate you taking the time to do this.
It is true that the Grecotel Eva Palace is blessed with a magnificent location and views that are hard to find!
Equally as important is my team of coworkers (the entire team of employees), who strive to deliver excellent service and genuine Greek hospitality every day to our guests. I feel very privileged to have such colleagues and I am always very happy when our guests mention this in their feedback. It gives us all a boost of energy!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Eva Palace in the near future!

Mr. Stratos Mavralexakis
South Northants
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We have just returned from a two week stay at Grecotel Eva Palace and once again we were delighted with our stay This was our sixth visit to a Grecotel and once again, we are pleased to say that the very high standards associated with Grecotels are evident at the Eva Palace

On arrival we were given a very refreshing cold drink, just the job after a long and tiresome journey. We were shown to our rooms by the Guest Relations Manager who gave us an explanation as the workings of the air conditioning system whilst awaiting our luggage arriving with the porter. We had booked two single rooms but we did request, if possible, that these room be on the higher floors so that we could enjoy the splendid views for which the hotel is renowned. We were delighted when we were taken to the sixth floor and even more pleased when we learned that we had been upgraded to Junior Executive Rooms. These rooms were very spacious and were immaculately clean. There was the customary bottle of mineral water and white wine waiting in the fridge as well as a supply of fresh fruit which was replaced daily as indeed were the beach towels. There was also the use of secure safe as well as dressing gowns.

The main hotel sits high on a hill giving those splendid views with the bungalows and villas on the hill leading down to the swimming pool area and further down still to the beach. Through these columns, I was aware that those with walking difficulties could have problems and therefore I took with me a walking stick and I was able to overcome the problems the steep inclines and steps posed for the less able. Thomson's brochure refers to facilities being on 'different levels' and I believe does not clearly express potential problems.
The pool area was a delight. The pool was sea water and was very clean. When we arrived the water temp was on the cold side but as temps went up daily, then the water got warmer. There were always plenty of comfortable sun beds and the poolside bar was real joy when it became necessary to quench one's thirst. Seating there is now getting a bit tatty and should be replaced . The pool area is where the majority of the entertainment takes place in the evening. We only visited once and it was a very blustery evening so we did not stay for long and on that occasion I must say that the entertainment was not very good. We spent most of our evenings in the main hotel bar where there was only occasional evening entertainment but the acts we did see there were quite good'
Although neither of us are keen on taking lunch we opted for the all inclusive tariff and this proved to be very sensible as drinks at the bar are quite expensive. Having opted for this tariff, I did not se the need to take much cash and this proved to be a mistake. Early on in the holiday, my wife became ill and it was necessary to visit a doctor in Corfu Town. A very sympathetic receptionist arranged for an appointment for my wife to be seen and she also arranged for a taxi to take us there, wait and take us back after consultation. The medical costs and taxi journey left a hole in my cash reserves and therefore the following day a visit the nearest ATM was necessary. Once again reception organised a taxi for the 3/4k journey to nearby Dassia. The taxi was owned by Grecotel and serves the 3 Grecotels in the area. I was quite shocked when I was charge 30 euros for the round trip but I should not have been as both Diesel and Petrol costs are considerably higher in Greece than even the UK
Dining at the Eva Palace was a wonderful experience. Breakfasts were very comprehensive, offering fresh fruit, cereals, salads, full cooked buffet along with croissants cakes and breads. All so much. Evening meals were superb with a wide choice of soups, salads cooked fish and meat dishes which were rarely repeated during our stay. Plates were kept hot so the food was always hot when you returned to your table. I like to avoid the deserts but I have to admit I could not resist a visit to the deserts which I found irresistible. The service from the waiting staff was first class. Always a warm welcome, very polite and very efficient.
Finally a word about the number 1 asset of this hotel and that is the quality of the staff. Last year we visited Grecotel Imperial in Kos and there I gave the staff 100%. At the Eva Palace the score is 150%. They were truly outstanding throughout the hotel. This includes Guest Relations Managers, receptionists porters, chambermaids, waiting staff, gardeners, security staff and in particular bar staff both at the pool and in the main bar. They were always polite and very friendly; they just couldn't do enough for you. Many, many times I heard the expression 'You're welcome' This could sound rather glib like the Americanism 'have a nice day' but this is not the case. When a member of Eva palace says this you know that they are sincere and they really mean it and YES you DO feel welcome.
A big thank you to all the staff who made our visit such a pleasure

Room Tip: high floors for best sea view
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed in Eva Palace in begginig of June. Me and my husband are in late twenties. Hotel is very nice. Staff amazing!!! They will go extra mile for you!!! Food is good, plenty of choices. Pool is always clean. A lot of steps, if you have mobility issues be aware of that. Beach is clean, nice to relax there. Could be more activity for young people, because you can get a bit bored. We had a chat with other young couples in hotel and they agree about shortness of activity for youngsters. Regardless of all shortness, staff will make you feel very special. Holiday was amazing!!! Thank you all!!! Bear in mind - evening dress code for men is long throusers...

Room Tip: We had a room on first floor with see view is was lovely to sit in the evening and have a drink.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The Eva Palace wasal you could wish for to have a excellent holiday. Staff were great allways smiling and happy to help. Lovely grounds well kept gardends and pool areas . The food was brilliant well cooked and well presented staff were really nice and welcoming and anticpating your needs. I would go back tommorow if I could but will have to wait till next year.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view the views are amazing.
Liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The hotel was beyond words, the view, the scenery and the staff, fantastic - just does not do it justice. Only two things let this hotel down in my opinion, the pool had a lot of steep steps to get to it, and the bus service on some of the outings offered, stopped at the bottom of the hill, not nice when you use a walking stick

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Grecotel Eva Palace? Share your experiences!