“Very Good!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Moscow, Russia
“Very Good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Me and my wife went here on our honeymoon and were delighted with the service we received from the hotel's excellent staff. We were upgraded to a private villa with our own pool right beside the beach. The villa was fantastic with all mod cons and the hotel even laid on some wine and fruit for us! The only minus point I felt was the food in the hotel which I thought could have been better. That said, the traditional Greek food as well as the fruit for breakfast was good. All in all a very good hotel right on the sea. The sea near the hotel is nice and clean and perfectly okay to swim in. It's actually a bit more like swimming in a lake or river due to the fact that it's in a little bay making the water really calm.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Upon our arrival we were upgraded to Villa 6 and it set the tone for the rest of our trip. The Villa had its own clean and regularly maintained pool and was close to the beach which had its own little bar which was a bonus and added to the resort view.
I found the staff wherever you went in the hotel for breakfast, lunch, front desk or even room service to be friendly and helpful.
The breakfast was perfect and offered a variety that was some of the best i had encountered and that view every morning just made it better.
The room at the Villa was very spacious and clean , the kitchenette was helpful however i did wish that made an extra effort which the canopy feel of the bed and sell it a little instead of the 4 huge bed posts that looked out of place and not completed:)
I would definitely return here when i go back to Kerkira (It's not Corfu!)

Pembrokeshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Just returned from a very relaxing Thomson Cruise and Stay holiday, one week on the Thomson Majesty, Adriatic Explorer and the second week at the Eva Palace, Corfu. The hotel is superb, the food excellent and the staff could not have been more friendly. We opted for the Premium Plus (all Inclusive) option and were glad we did because meals and drinks at the hotel were expensive - there was a good choice of quality food and very attentive dining staff. Dining areas had lovely views over the bay and there was the option to dine indoors or outdoors.
We particularly enjoyed the beautiful room given us on the 4th floor with a spectacular view of Kommeno Bay. The pool area is lovely and we never failed to find sunbeds. The beach area is nice but we preferred to walk a short distance to the beach area at the Imperial Hotel (also a Grecotel). The hotel exceeded our expectations and we look forward to returning soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Visiting Corfu for the first time since a post-exam trip back in 2001, I was keen to avoid the party town of Kavos and visit one of the pretty bays I remember passing through. Following our wedding, we were looking for a peaceful break, all-inclusive so we didn't have to worry about money, and luxurious, well, it is a treat afterall. We travelled with Thomson as to ensure financial security with a volatile Greek economy and set off on our trip. On arrival we were blown away by the views from the bar across Kommeno Bay and we eyed-up a few tables to sit at in the evening. The staff upgraded our room and we were happy to find a good (albeit just 4 star) room with a wonderful vista. Exploring the hotel we found a pretty pool and small shingle beach. I must say though that one side of the pool has a strong waft of sewage, it's the part closest to the shop. The side closer to the sea has no such smell and a couple of great lounge areas, but be sure to get up early to nab those, though we always got the long-lasting afternoon sun as soon as the early birds moved on, early, to dinner. The food and drinks are what you would expect of an A/L in Greece: lots of olives, fish and yummy goodies, which suits us as we love the mediterranean diet. We mostly sat outside, except for lunch as it was 40c most days. This was fine, however I was alarmed by the sheer amount of wasps. Although not aggressive, or out to sting you, they are persistent on getting their mits on your food. I dont see why this isnt sorted: other hotels manage. The staff were largely good, though why waiters dont always take drink orders when you take a table bemused me, though hotel put a surprise birthday cake in the room, which was a nice gesture. Things that would improve it for me: as well as sorting the wasps, maybe varying the food a tad more and being more 'on-it' with service. I would also expect the pool area to be cleaner, as it gets quite dirty, and fresh beach towels should be available all the time when it's so hot, also a bottle of water put in the hotel room, along with more solid furniture, would bring the standard up. Overall, we came away relaxed, well fed and bronzed, which was the aim of the game, and we got our money's worth of good food, sparkling water and night-caps; one of favourite memories is sitting in the bar with a tasty cocktail watching the sunset: bliss!

• Stayed August 2012
Eye, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We had 7 very relaxing nights at the Eva Palace in the first week in July. Although our room was a little disappointing as it was on the first floor over the buffet restaurant we went to our friends room on the 3 floor to see the full effect of the wonderful views. If you are thinking of staying here then ensure you have a room on the higher levels. We have stayed stayed all inclusive in the Caribbean and didnt think Corfu could complete, but the buffet restaurant was superb with a great choice of good quality fresh food. The a la carte restaurant was as good as any I have dined in, I feel you should have the option to dine in there once for every week you are there, but that is a minor point. The staff all work very hard and in the main are always ready to serve you with a smile and 'my pleasure'. I would highly recomend Eva Palace, in fact I intend to return next Easter with my daughter for a girly getaway.

Room Tip: Higher floors have all the best views
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Andover, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We arrived at Grecotel Eva Palace after a 12 hour journey to be greeted by friendly staff with a refreshing glass of orange juice. First impression was very good. The hotel had beautiful views and we were checked in almost immediately. A member of staff directed us to our room and showed us around. This is where our problem began. We had a ground floor room and were very disappointed. We found stained curtains, bedding, dusty lights and underneath our mattress obviously hadn’t been cleaned in a while. This was not acceptable to us after the amount of money we spent on the holiday. After staying in many 5 star hotels, it was plain to see that this was certainly not 5 star. With the first day of our holiday effectively ruined we decided to wait until the following morning to see our Thomson rep. We explained the situation to her and it was sorted almost immediately. We were met at our room by the hotel manager who although was pleasant, the excuses we were given were appalling. We were told the paint stains on the bathroom curtain could not be removed and nothing could be done about the stains on the curtains. If we had paid 3 star prices I would have found this acceptable enough (we probably wouldn’t have complained in the first place.) We were then offered the choice of two rooms, after it had been made clear to us that the furniture would be exactly the same. I got the impression the hotel thought we wanted to be upgraded, however we only wanted cleanliness and value for money. After being taken to a bungalow or a different room in the hotel we decided on the hotel. This was due to the bungalow having a sea view, if you looked over the dirty concrete roof directly in front of us. Our new room was better, but still not the 5 star standard we are used to. My Husband quickly realised we were not going to find a room completely up to our standard at this hotel, so unfortunately we “settled” for a room instead of being happy with it. Soon after we changed rooms the General Manager sent us fruit, wine and some pastries, which although was a nice gesture could not make up for the fact we had lost a day of our holiday. It was pointed out to us the matter should have been addressed the day we arrived, however when another couple asked at check in if they could have a room on a higher floor they were told the hotel was full so we didn’t see the point. Much has been said about the glass wall between the bedroom and bathroom which isn’t a problem if you pull the shower curtain and the glass wall curtains if you want privacy. It is relaxing to have a bath and look at the sea, so I can see why the designer thought it was a good idea and didn’t cause an issue at all as mentioned in previous reviews.
After the initial disappointment, the quality of our holiday improved dramatically. We found the staff to be lovely. They were always polite and helped wherever possible. I had read reviews about slow service however I never found this to be the case. The hotel does have a problem with wasps and cats, which tend to bother you if you sit outside to eat. It is clear however, that the hotel are doing the best they can to sort this with the creation of cat palace and always trying to help if the wasps were particularly active around our table. On the subject of food, I have to say it was wonderful. Breakfast offered a huge choice, that although didn’t change much everyday, the variety there would have allowed you to have different breakfasts everyday. Lunch which is served at the pool bar is limited if you are on Premium Plus and is expensive in the buffet A La Carte restaurant. The quality is fantastic though. Evening meals were great, huge choice, always hot and again a huge variety was offered. The food was the 5 star standard I was expecting.
The beach is not white sand and palm trees, but my Husband and I absolutely fell in love with the place. Most days, the sea was so calm it was like swimming in a lake. It is also as clear as any sea I’ve seen in Europe, with us being able to see fish on the seabed. I would recommend taking swim shoes as the first part is rocky and will hurt your feet. The beach bar was a great convenience and had fantastic staff. We were never unable to find free sun beds and the umbrellas provided offered shade to anyone who needed a break from the heat. The pool was also pleasant enough however after spending one afternoon there, we decided it could not compare to the beach.
Evening entertainment at the hotel is very varied. The first two nights were fantastic with a Brazilian Dance Group and a tribute band however after that it went downhill. I would suggest venturing out into Corfu town or the local bars for a few evenings as we quickly got bored of the entertainment provided by the hotel.
I would recommend everyone to take whatever you need with you and not rely on the shop at the hotel. It is very expensive (30 euros for a small bottle of sun cream) and has limited choice. There are surrounding mini markets that offer better goods for cheaper prices. Taxis into Corfu are also expensive so I would use the bus service provided. When it comes to hotel prices I would advise everyone to go Premium Plus. My Husband and I worked out our bill would have been over 1000 euros without it and that’s with me only consuming soft drinks. Vodka and cola is 13 euros and food is also expensive. Overall, I didn’t find Premium Plus limited me like other hotels I have stayed at.
The “30” minute transfer took a lot longer both ways. It turned up half an hour late on the return journey and then took an hour after we had to go to another hotel, even though we were told it was only us being picked up. We made it through airport security with 20 minutes to spare before boarding so I would advise people to get a taxi. Corfu airport is a nightmare which although can not be avoided, should be expected as a stressful experience.
All in all, we enjoyed our holiday in the sun. We came back relaxed and with some fond memories of our time in Kommeno Bay however we would not return to the hotel. Although the food, staff and location were brilliant, the hotel is not 5 star but unfortunately charged 5 star prices. Value for money is not good here – we have stayed in much better places and not paid as much money. I could compare our room as on par with a 3 star hotel we have stayed in.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Stratos M, General Manager at Grecotel Eva Palace, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your admittedly very detailed, largely accurate and honest review on TripAdvisor regarding our hotel Grecotel Eva Palace! Having read your review, I truly believe that your description of your recent holiday draws a very realistic picture. As I understand you generally enjoyed your holiday and were content with the service you received, although you were a little disappointed with your accommodation. We accept and acknowledge the fact that there were some small but permanent paint stains on the curtains in your room. The soft furnishings in the rooms were installed during the hotel's last renovation and we are currently in the process of replacing them. Also, we did see that in your room there was a lind deposit in the corners of the bed, under the mattress, created by the regular changes of bed linen. This is a detail that should perhaps have been checked more carefully prior to your arrival. We have taken note of your comments and please believe that they will be taken account of very seriously.

We thank you once again and send you our best regards from Corfu.

Respectfully yours,

Mr. Stratos Mavralexakis
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Stayed here for a week in July, amazing hotel, we went all inclusive which id recommend as the prices are very high! food and drink very high quality, lots of variation and veggie options, amazing greek salad! and you get one night in the a la carte restaurant.

I went with my partener and the room was perfect, glass wall in the batheroom but there was a curtain you could pull in front, pool was lovely and the beach was a small walk away but lots of steps and quite a steep hill.

Would recommend to couples!!

Room Tip: we stayed on the floor of the reception and bar, this was the third floor as the pool/restaurant is...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Grecotel Eva Palace? Share your experiences!