“Birthday treat” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Brentford
gillingham
“Birthday treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Stayed here at the beginning of April for my birthday. What a lovely hotel, with its secret garden. We walked around the garden just so beautiful. Our room was lovely, with its own balcony. Staff all friendly and helpful. Food great. Hilton breakfast is my favourite bit, so much to choose from. We will hopefully stay again soon, can't wait.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
SaschaKoehler, General Manager at Hilton London Syon Park, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Happy Belated Birthday!

I'm delighted to see you had the good weather whilst you stayed with us and managed to take a walk through the stunning Syon Gardens and very happy to hear the staff made you feel so welcome.

We hope to see you return very soon.

Sascha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I couldn't really believe how good the hotel was; it was hard to find initially even with GPS which didn't find the right road to get into the hotel; after asking for directions, we got there eventually.
The hotel had the FA Cup match team staying there with a wedding at the same time we were there, but we were kindly upgraded even with them in situ, what an amazing front desk team, the Scandinavian chap was nice to us.
The room was eclectic with a size that was surprisingly large for a London hotel room. The toilet even had a TV screen in front of the bathtub, the shower was fantastic.
We enjoyed the meal outside and we also had a fantastic time at the Spa and the swimming pool with our daughter. Even the noodle in swimming pool was provided. Wow!
The room was very modern in the electronics division, with Apple minded stuff abound.
We will come back and stay here. Peter Thomas Roth toiletries as per all Hilton hotel were used; nice touch.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others on tripadvisor, I'm delighted to see that the team made you feel welcome.

I'm very pleased to see that you managed to find time to relax in the spa, and enjoyed all the technology the room has to offer.

The team and I are looking forward to welcoming you and your family back.

Slough, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I visited the Kallima spa in April 2014 using a Groupon voucher. We had high expectations as the spa is marketed as being a luxurious spa.

It is far from luxurious - lockers which don't work, no toilet paper, no paper towels, musty damp smell in ladies changing room. Paint peeling from the walls.

Loungers in pool area were covered in dirty stains and damp.

The whole spa is in need of a deep clean and general over haul.

We were very disappointed and will not return.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
SaschaKoehler, General Manager at Hilton London Syon Park, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
I am saddened to hear that your experience was not up to our standard and your expectations. I can understand how frustrating it must have been for you especially as you had joined us for a relaxing spa day.

I am disappointed to see that we failed you on many little issues that could have quite easily been avoided; lockers which don't work, no toilet paper, no paper towels, and generally dirty areas are unacceptable and most certainly is not the welcome we want our guests to have.

Thank you once again for taking the time to bring these matters to my attention. It is only through valuable feedback such as yours that we can continue to maintain and improve the high quality of services we aim to achieve.

Bets Regards
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed one night over the Easter weekend and delighted with all aspects of the stay. The staff here are exceptionally welcoming, professional and courteous and a real credit to the hotel. As a Gold HH member was delighted to be upgraded to a mini-suite with a generously apportioned balcony.

The style of the hotel is a little ostentatious (for me) but there is no doubting the quality off all aspects of the hotel and the exceptionally high standards of the fittings and also the amazing attention to detail.

The setting is beautiful (in Syon Park) and is an excellent oasis for a night or two away.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
I am delighted to hear that you had a lovely Easter weekend with us and truly enjoyed every part of your stay. I will be sure to thank the team for making you feel so welcome.

Kind Regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Stayed here Friday 25 April at the same time as a famous football team!

Had a great time wonderful friendly staff, couldnt do enough for you. They really get busy, but are very courteous. A number of managers and staff spoke to us throughout our stay.

Ate in the Marco's restaurant which is a steak concept not his three star days. Nothing wrong with that but the name does sort of imply three star and its very good well cooked food. The staff were excellent in the restaurant.

The managers were great and really polite and helpful. Breakfast again is good and we had a great stay. Your room key also accesses Syon Gardens which is just stunning.

Room Tip: Just ask the staff they will help.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
I am delighted to hear what a wonderful stay you had and the team made you feel so welcome, we hope to see you return to Hilton London Syon Park soon.

Kindest Regards
Bristol, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed at the property for the first time on Sunday night. Ground floor room was comfortable with outside sitting area facing the grounds. Other than a cracked mirror and no bottled water in the room it was all fairly adequate for a UK Hilton at a 5 star level.

However the experience we had of the service in the bar and later in the restaurant was very poor. We gave up on a predinner drink in the bar as we could not get served despite trying to get someoens attention. In the restaurant we waited over 45 mins for 2 starters - both very simple dishes. When it finally arrived mine was stone cold and my partner had been given the wrong dish. we aited a further 15 mins. In the meantime we had to ask for water and bread and no staff emember walking passed topped up our wine glasses. Our mains finally came about an 1 hour later - my duck was cold and tough and I sent it back. My partners steak was only just warm but he was happy enough to eat it. Although the grilled tomato on his plate was completely decimated and not edible. We did not wait for dessert nor did I want a replacement meal at this point so we finished and left. As a gesture of goodwill we did not get charged for our meal, so thank you to our waiter for this.

Our waiter did his best but it was clear the kitchen was having major problems, Not a great start for the Marco Pierre White name in such a high profile establishment.

Fellow diners in our immediate area were all experiencing similar issues and were busy voicing their disatisfaction to the staff.

The restaurant is nicely appointed although it was very bright. When I suggested the lights could be lowered I was told the dimmer was broken.

I am a well travelled individual who works in hospitality and I hope that we just hit a bad night and that the problems will be resolved.

Breakfast in the morning was all OK, although I just selected from the buffet as I did not want to risk sending any orders to the kitchen.

Lovely setting, great gym and pool and plenty or parking so not all negative but one of the most dissapointing eating out expereinces I have ever had. Marco needs to kick someone's butt if he continues to attach his name to this!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay.

I am saddened to learn that your experience was not up to our standard and your expectations. I can understand how frustrating it must have been for you especially as you had joined us for a relaxing weekend.

Unfortunately we have experienced some teething issues with the newly opened Marco Pierre White restaurant and I am truly sorry that this affected your evening.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

My work colleague & I did a overnight stay at the Hilton Hotel for our birthdays on 17th/ 18th April 2014. We were very pleased with our stay. The service from both the Spa & Hotel were impeccable. The facilities were superb and our stay was a memorable one. Thanks to all the stay that made our stay an enjoyable and relaxed one. We definitely will be back!!!!

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with comments and feedback it is greatly appreciated.

Happy belated birthday to you and your work colleague! I'm delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us, I will be sure to pass on your thanks to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Sascha

Been to Hilton London Syon Park? Share your experiences!