“Beautiful hotel let down by poor service” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Brentford
Ireland
“Beautiful hotel let down by poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night in June 2013, when my usual Hilton Doubletree in central London was full.

So let's start with the positives. This truly is a beautiful hotel, with fantastic rooms, every mod-con you could ask for, great bar, swimming pool, and the list goes on. Even something I have never seen before, a TV in the walk in shower complete with waterproof remote!

However, I think it is let down by poor service and poor attention to detail. Some examples:
1. In the gym, 3 of the first four machines I tried were out of order.
2. The receptionist at check-in was abrupt to the point of almost being rude
3. Fantastic Peter Thomas Roth toiletries in the bathroom but no body cream?
4. No free wifi?
5. Beautiful cocktail bar but no nuts!
6. No complimentary water in the rooms
7. Ordered a soft boiled egg at breakfast it came hard. How difficult is it to boil an egg?
8. Swimming pool closed for maintenance ( to be fair it did reopen later in the evening)

So in my view a hotel with great potential but let down by attention to detail

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
SaschaKoehler, General Manager at Hilton London Syon Park, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Hilton London Syon Park.

I am sorry to see that you experienced some issues that in turn left you feeling let down with service. Unfortunately body cream is not part of the standard bathroom amenities, however it is available on request. Please accept my apologies for the pool being closed, we do try to keep disruptions to a minimum.

Sascha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

When I attended the hotel, the staff made me feel at home, they had a very positive attitude towards, not just me but all the guests. Check in process was done very fast.
The room I had booked had a 5 star layout, very clean and smelt clean.
The room that had been appointed to me had a spectacular view of the surroundings of the hotel.
The food the hotel supplied me also met my expectations of being up to a very high quality and a great taste.

I advise any one to stay at this hotel due to it being such a warm and cosy environment all round and being a suitable environment from people with families to individuals just staying for a night.

• Stayed June 2013
SaschaKoehler, General Manager at Hilton London Syon Park, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Hilton London Syon Park.

I am happy to see that my team were warm and welcoming and made you feel at home, I will be sure to thank them and also pass your compliments to the chef.

The team and I hope to welcome you back to hilton London Syon Park in the very near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

stayed at this venue a few weeks ago for a weekend break.

what an outstanding location! the staff couldn't have been more helpful and the facilities were first class.

definitely a retreat i would recommend to others.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for recommending Hilton london Syon Park, I am happy to see that my team took care of you I will be sure to thank them on your behalf.

Kind regards
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My wife and I visited and stayed at the Hilton London Syon Park recently. When i arrived at the property i was taken aback by the beautiful scenery and beautiful location of the Hotel. Once inside the decor was fantastic, very boutique. I was greeted by a very pleasant receptionist who made checking in a delight. I was amazed by the luxury of the hotel, the rooms were fantastic and a joy to experience. The amenities were endless, spa, gym, swimming pool, restaurants, secrete garden... i was to say the least, overly impressed and by far one of the best Hilton Hotels i have stayed in. Overall this Hotel provided all the luxuries a person could want at fantastic value for money. Will definitely visit again. Yiannaki Stavrou

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton London Syon Park.

I am honored to see that you believe we are the best Hilton Hotel you have stayed in! Thank you for your kind words. I will be sure to thank my team for their efforts.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I was nervous about staying having seen some previous reviews - it's unbelievable as to how people staying at this wonderful hotel can leave such feedback. Everything about my stay here was totally fantastic. This was a romantic getaway with my partner and from the moment I walked into the fabulous reception area until the time came were I had to grudgingly leave, I felt like a king.. The rooms are opulent, reek of taste and are so luxurious. The outside area is fantastic with an amazing Cloud tree which I could have easily dug up and taken home !! The food in the restaurant was oustanding and the staff could not have been more helpful. Anyone staying here must visit the Spa - I treated my partner to a beauty treatment whilst I lounged in the stunning pool area - just bliss.
I noticed that the hotel changed brands to a Hilton from a Waldorf Astoria - from my experience this weekend, I wouldn't have noticed. I will be back for sure - many thanks for a very memorable stay

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Leek, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We originally visited this hotel in November 2011 when it was branded 'Waldorf Astoria'. Although a train & tube ride out of the City, we found the overall experience of the hotel compensated for this. On our recent visit the hotel has dropped the 'Waldorf' name & is now just 'Hilton'. On arrival first impressions were the same as 2011. When we entered our room though this changed a little. There were dark spots on the marble bathroom floor, the disc from the centre of the tap was missing & there was no remote control for the built in shower TV. We took a walk around the gardens as it was a lovely afternoon. These are in need of a good tidy up as are the ponds & courtyard. Dinner was good but breakfast certainly failed to meet our previous experience. The fresh fruit was very limited, the orange juice was concentrated & not fresh orange & the preserves were of standard quality, not home made as before. The service of the staff was excellent though.

Room Tip: Request an upgrade to a balcony room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
SaschaKoehler, General Manager at Hilton London Syon Park, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thankyou for providing us with comments and feedback from your recent stay at Hilton London Syon Park, it is very much appreciated.

Unfortunately as we have rebranded from a Waldorf Astoria to a Hilton we have had to change a few items i.e. breakfast juice/preserves.

Chatham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I booked this hotel to take my parents for my dads 75th Birthday, what a beautiful hotel! A lovely touch was a birthday cake in their room, the hotel is spectacular with decor to die for! The staff were so friendly and helpful, nothing was enough trouble for them and everyone made you feel welcome. The added bonus, was exploring the secret garden, it topped the weekend off! We ate in the restaurant for our evening meal, the food was amazing, I recommend the lamb.....and the steak, I could have eaten the whole menu! It is definitely worth a visit you will be truly inspired.

Room Tip: Have a room that overlooks the Duke of Northumberland's garden, with a balcony - its a beautiful...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing Hilton London Syon Park as the destination to celebrate your Dad's 75th Birthday, I'm glad he enjoyed the cake :)

I will be sure to thank my team for looking after you during your stay and pass your compliments to the chef.

The team and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Sascha

Been to Hilton London Syon Park? Share your experiences!