“I wish I could go back” 5 of 5 stars

Villa Bodi
P-ta Libertatii nr. 5, Satu Mare 440014, Romania   |
Ranked #4 of 13 Satu Mare B&B and Inns
Bath, UK
“I wish I could go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2007

We arrived in Satu Marie not sure what to expect, but were advised to stay in this hotel by the guidebook: wise advice !
The rooms are furnished with antiques and have all mod cons: the bed was the most comfortable we have EVER slept in - and that includes our own !
Cost was about £60, which included an excellent breakfast.
The Villa Caffe next door serves top flight booze, the prize-winning palinka was by a mile the best I have drunk anywhere, and they also serve excellent wine.
I wish I could go back, but unfortunately we exhausted the other delights of Satu Marie in 24 hours - the No Pardon Pub is one of the best restaurants I have eaten in in E Europe outside of Budapest.

• Liked — The bed !
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

9 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Pittsford, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2006

We stayed in a suite here for 2 nights in July 2006. It was truly lovely. The room was well decorated with beautiful antiques and huge windows. There were air conditioners in both rooms and a big jacuzzi in the sitting room. Although we never had a chance to use it, there is a nice courtyard patio out back. The bathroom was stocked with plenty of complementary amenities, including things like a comb, facial moisturizer and an emery board. We were provided with big fluffy bathrobes, and even slippers! The breakfast and breakfast room were a treat. Great coffee, cooked to order eggs, choices of cheeses, meats, breads, salads, beverages, you name it. The front desk staff was exceptional. They had an answer for every question, and they all spoke some English. When I was having trouble with my int'l cell phone charger, they had one ready to lend me. The owner was even there at checkout, and she was so sweet... genuinely appreciative of our praise and our patronage. On this vacation I stayed in a total of 10 hotels (the other 9 were in Hungary) and the Villa Bodi was definitely my favorite. I couldn't have been any happier with our choice in Satu Mare.

The only problem we did encounter was a lack of handicap accessibility. My mother was traveling with me, and she had a very difficult time with the stairs. But even she agreed, the climb was worth it. :-)

Been to Villa Bodi? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Villa Bodi

Address: P-ta Libertatii nr. 5, Satu Mare 440014, Romania
Location: Romania > Transylvania > Northwest Romania > Satu Mare County > Satu Mare
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites
Ranked #4 of 13 B&Bs / Inns in Satu Mare
Villa Bodi is a three star hotel in the historical center of the city Satu Mare overlooking for the most interesting attractions of the city: Roman Catholic Cathedral, Central Park, Fire Tower. The hotel is characterized by its familiar and quiet atmosphere with an elegant and classic imagine, furnished throughout with antique furniture from 19th century. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Villa Bodi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Villa Bodi, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.