“never expected this to be a good place after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Paradise Isle Beach Resort

You added Paradise Isle Beach Resort to your Saves list
Paradise Isle Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Malpe Beach | 46, Malpe Beach, Udupi 576 108, India   |
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Udupi
Kochi (Cochin), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We had to attend a marriage in Udupi and while searching where to stay we found Paradise Beach Resort. We got a sea view cottage, even though small it was cosy and clean enough for two of us.. Had a good beach view.. Evening we returned back after marriage and had a quality time spending on water sports and the best was the scooter and parachute.. we had also visited the st marys island and it was really nice

We enjoyed a very good dinner and their restuarant on the first floor with an amazing view of the sea..

Over all we had a good time and just a bit dissatisfied with the room service as it was very late.. But it is a real good place to spend a beach holiday and we did appreciate our decision in choosing this place even after the reveiws we had seen here..

I hope people do not point out only on the service part and appreciate the ambience and location as well as the proffessional approach of the staffs and give all credit for the yummy food served

Room Tip: we liked the cottage heard the deluxe rooms were the best but they were sold out when we checked in
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Our entire family of holidayed over here and spent a week in the resort during christmas. We had a very good time and want to thank them.The staff is a bit slow but pretty friendly and always helpful.all the kids enjoyed playing tt and baddy. We also tried some of the water sports which we enjoyed.The food is very good. The sea view rooms are good. Do play volleyball on beach in th evening. The island St Marys is beautiful but needs to be Maintained as ppl were littering over there.We also did a lot of outings nearby.We really enjoyed lion and tiger safari. Do this only if you are staying longer.Also our best and really adventurous experience was vising. Neliteertha shiv temple which is a cave temple. Its only open for a few months during the year. Try it only if you are very fit as you have to crawl to reach shiv ling sometimes. But all in all we had a great time.thank you.

• Stayed December 2012
Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Hi, I visited this resort with my wife and two young sons during the Christmas holidays. We had a good time.the hotel is nice and in a very scenic beach town. We really enjoyed the water sports on the beach. We went to one of this hotels other properties in the backwaters and really enjoyed fishing. The rooms are decent and the staff is friendly . The restaurants are in nice.While the food in the buffet is nice ,we would have preferred more local cuisine. The highlight was the beach, fishing and waterspouts.

Tirupati, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Waste of money. We are paying only for location. No hot water and no service at all. Too costly food. Better to stay in town and to visit beach separately.I came here to stay for 2 days but vacated for 1 day and shifted to another hotel in town which is much affordable than this.

• Stayed January 2013
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Never ever visit this hotel - I would rather prefer to die of thirst in sahara desert but go to this hotel...!!
Summary:
1. Reception folks are Joke
2. Medium taste food
3. All Indoor facilties are gimmick - gathering dust
4. Dust from AC-vents...!!
In short Waste-of-Money (not worth for what they charge)
Here is my personal experience:
I had booked for package (accomodation, food, one boat trip to near by island) - call it blunder.
We vistited this place in Dec-2012 (peak Season - so Higher tarrif...!!)
When we arrived at the arrival lobby - nobody to help with lugguage removal. I literally had to go inside tell reception to send somebody. They sent a part time "electrian" who was fitting something in the cieling. I had paid half the amount (5k) as reservation amount, i was asked to pay another 6k upfront - before allocating room.
For 11K, I had different thought about room - It's worth less than 2k.....!!! When AC is switched on "Fine dust" started to come out. Then I imagined why they asked me to pay full amount in advance...!!
we went for lunch - Since I had signed for package - they said it's buffet for me...!! "Self-serice, I said fine - But we wanted juice for our 3 year old kid, I called "main" looking guy for Orange juice - he said they only have "tropicana" packaged, 20 mins passed no sign of juice - I got irritaed - just forget about - get me "finger bowl' - he said we have to go to wash room. What the Bloody-HELL for 11,000 per/day stay....!! Just went to room.
I saw small refrigerator-cabinet lcoked & sealed below TV table, Since We had our small baby travelling with us, I wanted to use it to keep baby food. called reception, they said call "Room-Serivice" (different extn) - This flip-flop happend 2-3 times, I went to reception asking them what is the matter politely, Meantime I saw a foriegn tourist standing & arguing about "Room not being Clean" - Then I relaised this hotel is scam.
I just started shouting in the lobby - it seems someone pushed panic button - after 2-4 minutes, "owner" of the hotel came - He started calm me down asking what is the matter. I told him entire theing - He called that guy asked me to apologise, funny part is that some people at reception desk were "smiling" putting their head-down....!! Evening I asked what about this boat ride - Same "electrian" guy came to take for boat ride - and here comes worst part, at the beach he is "negotiang Price", I thought hotel had it's own boat - He made us go along with other public in some common boat which anybody else would take......!!
And hotel is not having any private beach - It's on Public beach - And in the evening it got so much Crowded - There was hardly any space left to sit (I suppose it being "Sunday" lot of local people around had come for their usual "weekend-visit"
Next day Morning I thought, atleast lets stay in the hotel & relax with any indoor facilties
Wimming pool is very smal - no depth, All indoor games gathering dust - We asked for two Table-tennins & badminton rackets - Oh-my-God - They are in their worst condition, cut threads on racket & TT-bat surface flaps...!!
Over-all experiece was "Pathetic" & comple "Waste-Of-Money" to stay in this Hotel - Name should be chnaged from "paradise" to "Hell"

Mornington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Our time at the Paradise Isle Resort was absolutely terrible!!!! We left early, and didn't get a refund. Firstly they had the wrong rooms booked for us. Second, when we got into our room, there were no sheets on the bed. We had to ask at least 4 times for them to send some sheets. When the sheet arrived it was handed to us. As I went to put it on the bed I noticed it was FILTHY, with stains all over it, and foot prints. My husband returned it, and finally they came and put clean sheets on our bed. The people at the desk were very unhelpful. When we went to go and use the pool, we had to ask at the desk for towels, it took a long time for them to be given to us. The pool was quite run down, statues had heads broken off, the bathroom smelt so awful it was impossible to go in. There was a dead and bloated frog in the pool. We organised the hotel to do our laundry, it came back damp.... again my husband had to complain quite loudly before anyone would serve him, and re-do the laundry. The buffet at the hotel was fine. The morning breakfast was ok, but the room was dilapidated with paint peeling off the ceiling etc. When we decided to leave we requested a taxi to be organised to take us to the airport, the manager at the desk tried to avoid us, it took ages to get any service. Then he told us that it was impossible to get a taxi on a Saturday!!! Eventually, again due to my husband complaining loudly, another manager was able to get us the hotel's vehicle to take us to the airport. Malpe beach is filthy!!! Rubbish everywhere! Although from afar it looks really nice, the beach obviously doesn't get cleaned. I will never go to Malpe again... and I would never recommend the Paradise Isle hotel to anyone!!!!

Room Tip: I dont think they have any good rooms
Hyderabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We had a wonderful time. The location was really amazing. The hotel is comfy and quiet and on the beach, .We holidayed with our young daughter and found that it was most comfortable .The beach were so wonderful that we didn't use the pool much at all. We spent a lot of time on all the water sports activity which really great fun.Also appreciated the genuine warmth and friendliness of the staff who were a bit slow sometimes.Would definitely stay here again as we were overall very happy.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Paradise Isle Beach Resort? Share your experiences!