“Location was advantage” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Janardhana Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Udupi
Janardhana Hotel
You added Janardhana Hotel to your Saves list
Near Service Bus Stand, Udupi 576101, India   |
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Udupi
Vadodara, India
“Location was advantage”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Hotel Janardhana is a nice hotel.It was good as expected.me and my family had visited Udupi in march 2013.we did advance booking of this hotel.The reception people were very kind but the butlers were little dissapointing.There was no room service and bed liners were not cleaned when we had visited mookambika temple.We did not order food from this hotel as I had took advice of an earlier post of same in trip advisor.We had lunch, breakfast and dinner at krishna vilas which on the way of krishna mut and temple.Advantage of this hotel is it is nicely located near service bus stand of pvt and govt buses.it is also near to auto stand, krishna temple is just half km walk.it is just 5 km from malpe beach.Coming to rooms the toilets,flooring,bed all were very clean and very acceptable.I recomend to stay at this hotel for tourist who wants to visit krishna temple .

Room Tip: Please avoid food at this hotel, it is costly plus you dont get dosas in dinner and lunch.Try Krishn...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Kerala, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

It was my first experience in my journey life, that a reputed Hotel with all features and facilities, neglected my 3 months before confirmed booking of 3 bedded rooms x 3 and one bedded x 1 at the tome of arrival with my 11 members team on 28th, December, 2012 by 1.30 PM.

My Pilgrimage Journey was started on 24th Dec. 2012, 7 AM from Cherpalchery, Palakkad via Parassinikadavu, Kukke Subramaniam, Dharmasthala, Kollur, Murudeshwar and Upuppi and reached Cherpalchery on 29th Dec.2012 at 9.00 PM. Except Janardana all other stay was very fine and pleasant.

while I approached the Reception they asked whether room booked or not? My requisition for booking the 3 bedded rooms 3 nos and 2 bedded room 1 no.with advance of Rs.3000/- through State bank of India, Cherpachery has been shown and they just said "Sorry" and told me alternative arrangement will be given. I asked before one week and also day before also I have contacted and got confirmation from your Reception. They told one Mr. Rajesh is the person confirmed your booking let him come and solve the problem. I told them , I can't wait for such a period you should provide the alternative immediately. Any how Those people provided one 3 bedded room and 3 two bedded room . I argued with them and got another one 2 bedded room also.
Evening the so called night receptionist Rajesh came and made a "sorry" again. I asked him , What happened your Gentlemen word, reputation of such Hotel , and the feelings of the customer? He kept mum.. I told him it is a breach of trust, means after getting advance three months before ie. 12th September, 2012, for booking required rooms and confirmed by your over email and phone. There was no answer from his side.
Till now I couldn't understand that how it has happened? Why this fellow made lie on such reservation?. Whether any hidden agenda in these actions without the knowledge of the Management? May be some thing wrong with these receptionist Mr. Rajesh.
Only once night stay i should not got more because we are aged above 60 and no time to waste with any arguments. But decided and told to Rajesh that this is my first and last visit.
While booking I have gone through the reviews and satisfied, but experience was very worst. In their features they mentioned that Ambitious Vehicle parking but our 12 seaterTATA Wincher cab could not park inside their parking area. Some how we put our vehicle in the entrance and managed the problem.
Only request to my friends those who are planning to uduppi please avoid Janardhana Hotel to get relief from mental tension.
I have black listed that hotel from my next visit.
I am going to touch with the Management of that said hotel to do something for better treatment to the visitors and tourists.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
bangalore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The hotel very much next to KSRTC hotel. The rooms and hotel is wel maintained. the price is. Double bed room is having with TV. Channels are not coming neatly. Morning before we return from teple, the room and bath rooms are cleaned and water changed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Kochi (Cochin), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

I selected this business class hotel from tripadvisor ,we stayed at this place as it is very near to the famous Udupi Sri Krishna temple,and also to the Maple beach and St Marys Island and all the main attractions,,the Museum is closed up to June 30 th, this message should be informed to the guest,the hotel is well located to the Bust stand and the railway station,the only neagtive points is that the Bed sheets were torn out and the passage to the rooms were not clean as it was dumped with dirty bed sheets,and house keeping utensils, and at night time time there would be a lot of flyiing ants,but over all it is Good place to stay.There is good vegeterian Hotel Hotel Shanti Sagar, food is good.

Room Tip: Rooms facing towards the main road
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Bangalore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

This hotel is very close to the KSRTC bus stand and the private bus stand and the Sri Krishna temple are a walkable distance from here. I was surprised that the tariff was just 700/- for a room with 3 beds !! [Mar 2012]. The room had a colour television, and the bathroom was spacious, clean and neat. There is supposedly a restaurant at the ground floor, but i think it would make more sense to eat in one of the numerous places nearby. The manager was helpful and also advised us on some sight seeing to do. All in all, a very good place !!

Room Tip: All rooms are almost the same !!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Bangalore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

Surprisingly, this hotel has single rooms (that is with single bed) which are reasonably priced.

Room is well maintained. Room has no TV (no frills).

Hotel is located next to KSRTC Bus Stand. Private Bus Stand, City Bus Stand, Krishna Mutt is at walkable distance from this hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo

Been to Janardhana Hotel? Share your experiences!