“Amazing, inspiring, memorable” 5 of 5 stars

London
3 attraction reviews
“Amazing, inspiring, memorable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I am writing this review slightly belatedly...in fact about 7 years belatedly. I visited the gibbon experience in 2006 and I am glad to see that people are still enjoying it today. I have travelled much of asia, and other places too and I have to say that even today it is one of the most memorable experiences that I have ever had travelling. I still look back at the photos I took with fond memories.

Why am I writing this review 7 years later? Simply because the experience is still stuck in my mind - and it was great to read the reviews of people enjoying it today!

If you have visited any other "jungle adventure zipline experiences" then they will not compare to this. Quite simply sleeping 50 metres in the rainforest tree tops, surrounded by dense jungle, waking up to the sound of the rainforest is absolutely magical. To my understanding they have expanded it a lot since I was there (there was only 3 tree houses when I visited) and that can only mean more fun to be had.

Dont expect a 5 star hotel, you will get muddy, you will get oily, you will have the most incredible experience that I doubt you can find in many other places. You will spend the whole trip on a surreal adrenaline buzz - It is well worth every penny - all I can say is do it!

Visited August 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Wellington, New Zealand
“Incredible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Really good experience all around. We did the waterfall trip. It seemed like it would cater to all sorts of travellers. I think it's a nice introduction to people who have never trekked into the jungle before. The walking was not too strenuous and there weren't too many creepy crawlies. It was an incredible feeling waking up in a tree-house looking over the jungle. In the evening your guide zip-lines in and drops off your dinner, dessert and there is even wine to share! Then he takes off again and you're left to relax at the treehouse. It was relatively expensive but SO worth it! The money is also going towards stopping deforestation and poaching in the area.

Visited October 2012
Barcelona
4 attraction reviews
“Adventure Thrills!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We went in December 2012 and had an amazing time. The trekking was lovely although strenuous, the treehouse was an adventure in itself and the ziplining was amazing. It felt so crazy being so high up ziplining through rainforest. It was an amazing experience I won´t forget. Even the open plan showers were amazing. I was quite ill on my first day with a stomach bug from something I had previously eaten in Huay Xai and the staff were so friendly in assisting and giving me medicine. I had a fabulous time.I would love to go again.

Visited January 2013
Arlington, Virginia
10 attraction reviews
“Awesome Adventure for the Adventurous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Imagine yourself waking up 900 feet above ground in a tree house that puts Robinson Crusoe to shame.
As the morning mist clears the jungle tree tops, you here the sound of a zip wire which your 16 year old local guide has to take to bring you your morning coffee. Put the city life behind you. There's no sounds of passing cars or city dumpsters in the morning -- just the sounds of the morning jungle waking up and the song of the endangered Gibbon Monkeys.
This is no story book, this is the Gibbon Experience in the jungles of Northern Laos. 40 different zip lines and 6 tree houses make up this surreal wild life refuge. 3 days and 2 nights of the most amazing camp sight in the world. The only way into your sleeping accomodations are by zip line. Some 1,200 feet long stretching across mountain tops in the middle of the jungle. Your day is spent hiking and zipping through the jungle looking for this amazing endangered animal. Experience the jungle and local culture like never before. The welcoming locals are there to guide and teach you the ways of there life, all while saving this amazing species.
For $160 US dollars you can have the most incredible experience of a lifetime all while saving the lives of these amazing animals.

Visited December 2012
Copenhagen
5 attraction reviews
“Top”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

If you love nature, jungle, idea of flying through the forest, just go. We loved it. And would go back anytime. Wish we could stay longer. The walks are exhausting, it is not luxurious, but so worth it. We saw the gibbons twice and just a couple of trees in front of our treehouse. Their singing was surreal. Food was basic but good and there was enough of it. Our tour guides were amazing. They only knew basic English, but for the area that is normal. They were very attentive.
The price is not too much for what you get.

Visited February 2013