My family stayed at Vila Fontelunga for a blissful week as part of our long-awaited first trip to Europe and without doubt this was an absolute highlight of our time away. From the time we got to the villa we were welcomed by Paolo and Charlie and Lucy Lui (the resident gorgeous dogs that we so wanted to bring home with us!), the offer to sit down to the most divine lunch in the sunshine...and our week in Tuscany was off to a fantastic start and did not stop! We were so warmly welcomed by Paolo and Philip and Sergio and the rest of the wonderful team that we did not want to leave- and we will most certainly be back! It felt like home immediately to us, and every detail has been thought of- right down from the most wonderful breakfasts and special dinners (feasts) with other guests, to directions to fabulous little towns in the surrounding hills (with Paolo on hand to steer you in the right direction!) to the comfort of our rooms and all the gorgeous thoughtful touches right throughout the villa. Paolo and Philip have created such a special place in one of the most beautiful locations in the world and are the most wonderful hosts- sharing this for a week was truly special for my family and I. We didnt try out the pool and the jacuzzi as it was just coming into spring...but will be back again for that! Just like the movie...life is indeed beautiful at Fontelunga!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our holiday villas, owned and run by English and Italian friends, provide a stylish and relaxing retreat in Italy. Our Guests are warmly welcomed at their holiday accommodation and invited to treat their Villa as their "home from home" in an atmosphere of informal luxury. The elegant Villa Fontelunga is set above the Val di Chiana enjoying panoramic views across the countryside of Tuscany towards the hilltop town of Cortona, whilst the Villas are nestled close by in the historic Scannagallo valley. Crafted from traditional materials, the holiday villas are now a marriage of traditional Tuscan style and contemporary design. "Until now it has been difficult to find more than 'rustic charm' when it comes to villa rental in Tuscany; with our unique "Fontelunga" concierge service and luxurious contemporary styling, at last there is something more for the discerning traveller, your tailor made, perfect home away from home." Our holiday villas portfolio in Tuscany includes: Villa Fontelunga sleeping 16 to 18 (also run as a luxury "B and B") and within 10 minutes walk at Fattoria di Scannagallo in the Scannagallo valley, two new villas; Gallo sleeping 4 and Galletto sleeping 2. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, MrandMrsSmith and Odigeo so you can book your Villa Fontelunga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Fontelunga Hotel Foiano Della Chiana
- Fontelunga Hotel Foiano Della Chiana
- Villa Fontelunga Italy/Foiano Della Chiana, Tuscany