The Highlight of our holiday! We booked in at the recommendation of friends who stayed here last year. The moment we arrived, Rob gave us a warm welcome and after a refreshing drink he showed us around the villa and grounds. Just so Beautiful. The Villa is in a gorgeous setting, on a hill, has a 200 year old olive grove in front of it, pebbled patio, shutters on the windows, beautifully decorated throughout with bedrooms named after jewel colours - that live up to their names, fabulous modern marble bathrooms, .......and so on! Within half an hour of sitting on the patio, drink in hand, stress rapidly dissipaiting, and drinking in the view (think olive groves, pencil pines, rolling hills) I knew that we had to double up on our time at Villa Fontalunga. Thankfully the request was granted! We spent 4 fabulous days at Fontelunga. Had lots of advice from Rob, Paolo and Philip as to places to visit, and where to eat, and typed notes were handed out on how to get there. Once a restaurant was decided upon, Rob kindly made bookings for us. We were even offered advise as to where to stay for our onward journey to Rome. The Villa was a fabulous base from which we did little sorties out into the surrounding countryside and to the medieval towns. Late afternoon it was great to return to the villa, freshen up, and have a predinner drink on the patio whilst watching the sun go down, and the lights start to twinkle on the hill town of Cortona in the distance. Fellow guests would appear and it was interesting to chat and swop notes on our days adventures and catch up with Rob, Paolo and Philip. Then off to one of the nearby restaurants (La Lodola was our favourite) for a superb meal, and then back to the villa to find a fire had been lit in the loggia, candlelight glowed on the tables and Diana Krall played gently in the background. Such attention to detail! Thank you Philip, Paolo, Rob and your fabulous team (not forgetting Charlie and Lucy). You are fabulous hosts and have set a new benchmark in hospitality. My Tuscan dream holiday was made into a reality, friendships have been made, and we have such amazing memories for our 30th wedding anniversary. Regrets.....we have all said far too much and now will never get another booking in! Quick, pass their phone number!
- Also Known As:
- Villa Fontelunga Hotel Foiano Della Chiana
- Villa Fontelunga Hotel
- Fontelunga Hotel Foiano Della Chiana
- Villa Fontelunga Italy/Foiano Della Chiana, Tuscany
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our holiday villas, owned and run by English and Italian friends, provide a stylish and relaxing retreat in Italy. Our Guests are warmly welcomed at their holiday accommodation and invited to treat their Villa as their "home from home" in an atmosphere of informal luxury. The elegant Villa Fontelunga is set above the Val di Chiana enjoying panoramic views across the countryside of Tuscany towards the hilltop town of Cortona, whilst the Villas are nestled close by in the historic Scannagallo valley. Crafted from traditional materials, the holiday villas are now a marriage of traditional Tuscan style and contemporary design. "Until now it has been difficult to find more than 'rustic charm' when it comes to villa rental in Tuscany; with our unique "Fontelunga" concierge service and luxurious contemporary styling, at last there is something more for the discerning traveller, your tailor made, perfect home away from home." Our holiday villas portfolio in Tuscany includes: Villa Fontelunga sleeping 16 to 18 (also run as a luxury "B and B") and within 10 minutes walk at Fattoria di Scannagallo in the Scannagallo valley, two new villas; Gallo sleeping 4 and Galletto sleeping 2. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and MrandMrsSmith so you can book your Villa Fontelunga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.