Myself & my husband have just returned from Villa Fontelunga after the most amazing 5 days. The best way to describe the villa & entire experience is to say "it's like staying with friends!". Paolo, Philip & Rob are fantastic hosts & throughout our stay could not have been more helpful. There is so much to do within a short drive and they will make fantastic recommendations and will even have directions left out for you after your delicious breakfast.
The dinner party on the night we arrived was such a great way to start the break & we got to know all of the other guests and their restaurant reccomendations - La Lodola, il Goccino (best lamb cutlets I've ever eaten) & in Cortona Osteria Del Teatro (saffron & porcini risotto - delicious!).
We will most definitely be returning to Villa Fontelunga as soon as possible & can not recommend it enough.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Fontelunga Hotel
- Villa Fontelunga Hotel Foiano Della Chiana
- Fontelunga Hotel Foiano Della Chiana
- Villa Fontelunga Italy/Foiano Della Chiana, Tuscany
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our holiday villas, owned and run by English and Italian friends, provide a stylish and relaxing retreat in Italy. Our Guests are warmly welcomed at their holiday accommodation and invited to treat their Villa as their "home from home" in an atmosphere of informal luxury. The elegant Villa Fontelunga is set above the Val di Chiana enjoying panoramic views across the countryside of Tuscany towards the hilltop town of Cortona, whilst the Villas are nestled close by in the historic Scannagallo valley. Crafted from traditional materials, the holiday villas are now a marriage of traditional Tuscan style and contemporary design. "Until now it has been difficult to find more than 'rustic charm' when it comes to villa rental in Tuscany; with our unique "Fontelunga" concierge service and luxurious contemporary styling, at last there is something more for the discerning traveller, your tailor made, perfect home away from home." Our holiday villas portfolio in Tuscany includes: Villa Fontelunga sleeping 16 to 18 (also run as a luxury "B and B") and within 10 minutes walk at Fattoria di Scannagallo in the Scannagallo valley, two new villas; Gallo sleeping 4 and Galletto sleeping 2. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Villa Fontelunga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.