I feel I must add to the comments that have been left on here by those of you that visited this fantastic villa and have thoroughly enjoyed yourselves. I have been to this villa 12 times now in the past 9 years and I will continue to return here every year till the villa no longer exists.
However I do get annoyed when I read the negative comments. Most of the negative feedback is about cost. How can anyone expect to travel to such a fantastic location and not pay for it. The saying goes " you get what you pay for!" and the villa certainly is value for money. If you want a cheap holiday go to Butlins or Centre Parks!
The owners of the villa Paolo and Philip couldnt be better hosts. They are always on hand to help in any situation. They join in the two evening dinners, Tuesdays and Fridays, where all the occupants get together and get to know one another!. Paolo is a great cook, I have never had a bad meal there and if you're still hungry there is always some homemade cake available or biscotti. The honesty bar is reasonable too. All in all a great place to unwind from hectic working life.
See you soon Paolo and Philip,
P.S. if you feel generous, I dont mind you leaving me the villa in your wills!!!! :) :)
- Also Known As:
- Villa Fontelunga Hotel
- Villa Fontelunga Hotel Foiano Della Chiana
- Fontelunga Hotel Foiano Della Chiana
- Villa Fontelunga Italy/Foiano Della Chiana, Tuscany
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our holiday villas, owned and run by English and Italian friends, provide a stylish and relaxing retreat in Italy. Our Guests are warmly welcomed at their holiday accommodation and invited to treat their Villa as their "home from home" in an atmosphere of informal luxury. The elegant Villa Fontelunga is set above the Val di Chiana enjoying panoramic views across the countryside of Tuscany towards the hilltop town of Cortona, whilst the Villas are nestled close by in the historic Scannagallo valley. Crafted from traditional materials, the holiday villas are now a marriage of traditional Tuscan style and contemporary design. "Until now it has been difficult to find more than 'rustic charm' when it comes to villa rental in Tuscany; with our unique "Fontelunga" concierge service and luxurious contemporary styling, at last there is something more for the discerning traveller, your tailor made, perfect home away from home." Our holiday villas portfolio in Tuscany includes: Villa Fontelunga sleeping 16 to 18 (also run as a luxury "B and B") and within 10 minutes walk at Fattoria di Scannagallo in the Scannagallo valley, two new villas; Gallo sleeping 4 and Galletto sleeping 2. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tablet Hotels and Priceline so you can book your Villa Fontelunga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.