That was our first stay during trip through Tuscany region. We arrive late night, and as appeared were only third guest in the whole caste. The receptionist was very nice and friendly person. She actually served a breakfast for us as well, and did short overview of castle.
It was a small village before that was recently was turn out into hotel. The room is big and is organized as an apartment, with chimney. We really enjoyed an evening sitting around chimney with wine and cheese.
The castle is based on the hill in forest. The view from the hill is gorgeous. You can overview Tuscany, with vineyards and forest around. Also there are open swimming pool.
I really looking forward to come back in spring to enjoy Tuscany once more again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Castle of Gargonza is the ideal setting for those who wish a quiet retreat, far from the fast pace of the city and crowded areas, where you may enjoy the pleasure of a good book, strolls amidst nature, and small villages rich with the artistic history of the Tuscan hills, as well as the opportunity to savor the delicacies of traditional Tuscan meals and wines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Il Castello di Gargonza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Castello Di Gargonza Hotel Monte San Savino
- Il Castello Di Gargonza Italy/Monte San Savino, Tuscany