This was an Alistair Sawday recommendation and that really sums it up. Tasteful, different, charming and off the beaten track. The other reviews say 'magical' and it we cannot disagree. While it is quite a long way off the beaten track, that is what we wanted for this part of our holiday and it is perfect. Within minutes of arrival we were planning a much longer stay here in the future. Great swimming pool, lovely breakfast in the old olive press room and lots and lots of peace and quiet, views galore and smells and sights of Tuscany - perfect. The staff are lovely - kind, knowledgeable and helpful. Our rooms are fantastic although the very steep stairs up and down (think ladders) might not be great for all. The restaurant was lovely and a relief from the rubbish rip offs of the big towns. Good food and well priced in a lovely setting - perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Castle of Gargonza is the ideal setting for those who wish a quiet retreat, far from the fast pace of the city and crowded areas, where you may enjoy the pleasure of a good book, strolls amidst nature, and small villages rich with the artistic history of the Tuscan hills, as well as the opportunity to savor the delicacies of traditional Tuscan meals and wines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Il Castello di Gargonza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Castello Di Gargonza Hotel Monte San Savino
- Il Castello Di Gargonza Italy/Monte San Savino, Tuscany