“Beautiful place to stay.” 5 of 5 stars

Mango Homestay
My Huan Hamlet, My Thanh Village, Giong Trom District, Ben Tre, Vietnam   |
Ranked #4 of 12 Ben Tre B&B and Inns
Glenelg, Australia
“Beautiful place to stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I and 5 friends stayed at Mango Home in late May 2013. A beautiful place. We had it to ourselves. The staff were very friendly & attentive. The local people were very gentle and friendly. The food was to die for. We bought their recipes back to Australia. The boat ride and trips to the coconut processing and brick making facilities and the Ben Tre markets were something to behold. The weather was hot, but Mango Home's air conditioning was a welcome relief. The whole experience was well worth it & something we will never forget. Thank you Mango Home. When one of our friends had an accident the locals could not do enough for her. I would go back again if I got the opportunity.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
MangoCruisesJay, Director of Sales at Mango Homestay, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Geoff,

Travelling in a small group can be fun and were very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your trip to Mango Home!

I believe you were one of the first to be given a recipe book and it's been flattering to our entire team, to see valued guests like yourself, request them upon departure.

We certainly hope we will see you again in the future!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Stay here if you want a quiet relaxed few days in the Mekong delta. The staff are so friendly and helpful and will go out of there way to make you feel comfortable. The homestay is by the river sounded by well kept gardens. Boats are moored here owned by the same company so you can take boat trips on your door step. Excellent food cooked exactly to what you request. The homestay is well cut off from the road which makes it an unique stay and experience, so peaceful. Plus great rice wine!

• Stayed April 2013
Dear tthurston,

Thanks kindly for taking time to review us and we are happy to here that you enjoyed your time.
Indeed our location is a ten minute walk through a true local village from a main road, but we believe this adds to the peaceful and serine setting we enjoy at night.

Do hope that you will visit us again in the near future.

Portland, OR, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I think this is my first tripadvisor review but we are having such a great time that I feel I have to share our experience.

We are on a three week trip including Laos, Cambodia and then a quick run from PP back to Saigon via Chau Doc. By chance I discovered Mango and I'm extremely glad we did.

All we really understood was that we had a arranged a two night/three day tour of the Mekong Delta but what Mango delivered was something much, much better. I'm typing this from the front porch of their lodge looking out over the river, watching the boats, many loaded with coconuts go by, watching the sun set after a really brilliant day of activities. Frankly its a bit hard to convey but basically they offer what I can only describe as an beautifully choreographed peek into rural life. How shall I say...the gain without the pain.

Here is how it went. After getting up very early this morning my wife, my two boy's ages 11 and 13 and myself started the day with a boat ride to the floating market. But what was really special happened next. After a three hour car ride we made our way to a group of three island that are unique in that they don't have any cars and so Mango had set up a series of little events one after the other in which we first walked through the orchards, then went by boat to see brick making, then small cart to see noodle making, dugout boats through narrow channels, to another boat and then to the resort itself.

The kids loved it. Each event (and I'm sure I've left out half of them) was just the sort of thing kids really get into. And each was just the right length. Enough time to not feel rushed (we could also adjust set the pace because it was only us) and then off to the next thing via a short walk or ride. But the best were the "surprises." I hate to spoil the effect but here is the part that makes it all work. Just when you think you have walked just the right amount (remember its hot here) you round a corner and...there's a boat. A very nice traditional boat, with cold towels, cool drinks, shade and cross breeze to whisk off to the next part of your adventure.

With all the development this is a great (and extremely pleasant) way to peek into a bit of rural life as it was in way that you couldn't possibly put together yourself. I'd highly recommend it for families especially if you have kids that like seeing how people live and things work.

Room Tip: The main house room are more luxurious than the cottages.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks very much for taking the time to post a review (your first!) We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us as well as on our tour portions.

We certainly hope you will return with your family again in the future.

Director of Sales - Mango Home

Been to Mango Homestay? Share your experiences!