“Country pub” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 24 Restaurants in Motueka
Sydney, Australia
“Country pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

A good old Kiwi country pub to be enjoyed with the locals. Facilities include food, pool table, great selection of local and imported beers.

Visited April 2014

San Francisco
“Surprising Find; Fabulous Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Our dinner here saved what had become a dismal night. Having finally found lodgings at a great B&B down the road (which I will post once I can find the name), we arrived at what appeared to be a dive bar at the recommendation of our innkeeper. Hungry and tired, we decided to chance it and what a fantastic decision! Turns out they have a chef who recently won an award for wild game and prepared a wonderful dinner for us. My companion had the lamb which even I enjoyed (not much of a lamb lover) and I had the roasted duck. They pour some great local beers as well (one of the better ales on my trip). Although they have a charming back dining area, we chose to sit in the bar and meet the locals who were a very fun bunch...had a great chat with two who were local farmers about the agricultural history on the area. All in all one of the better nights spent and certainly a great choice for food and drink if you are heading to Abel Tasman.

• Visited January 2014