“Nice staff, good food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 32 Restaurants in Cat Ba
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Late Night
Description: With that beautiful view on Cat Ba bay, you will can enjoy your meal while watching the sunset. A little gem of a restaurant... with cooking consistently good and staff, attractive and efficient, that local or western food you will find always the way to amaze your taste buds.
Cat Ba, Vietnam
“Nice staff, good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Wow. The people at this restaurant/ bar was *the* most helpful in Cat Ba Town. It's definitely a foreigner hangout, but I was surprised there were some English native speakers (US and Australian) workign there. Jessie, who works at the bar was uber friendly. (He's from our hometown of Oakland, CA turns out). He helped us out with our various food peculiarities, (vegetarian, gluten free) and I also got a lot of good advice for traveling around the island. The Vietnamese staff were really friendly too and my god the view for sunset was amazing. I don't know what all the negative reviews are about.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Hanoi, Vietnam
“What a surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

The Noble House is not the best anything on the planet, but its more than solid in every way. I'm giving it an excellent review because my visit here saw so different from what I expected. From reading the other reviews you would think this place is run by thieves, but everyone on the staff I met was very nice and friendly. I was so surprised I came back later that night and spent about 5 hours in the Good Bar upstairs. Their drinks are 2 for 1 and you can sit on the balcony and just space out. The bartender there jokingly told me there's been a "regime change". I don't know if this is true and again I don't think this is the absolute best restaurant and bar in the world but its solid all around, the staff is friendly and the view is stunning.

Visited April 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great food and Fun Bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We were on Cat Ba for 3 night and tried the other places recommended on Trip advicer. We found the family that ran the Noble House extremely friendly and the food great. We really needed a good pizza after eating Vietnamese food for a week and returned for their other treats.
Had some great nights in their bar which over looks the whole bay with a free pool table and large beers for a $1.

Great place!

Gabriel

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cat Ba, Vietnam
“Good Vietnamese food, Good Western food, great view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

The Noble House is in the heart of Cat Ba town, which provides an excellent view of the Bay. The Noble house has a varied menu from Vietnamese food to Western food. My favorite dish is the fried squid dish on the last page of the menu. The fries are also pretty delicious too. One of the highlights is the bar on the 3rd floor. The view of the bay is unbeatable! It's a great place to play pool, have a beer or two and meet some fellow western travelers. Definitely great place to meet folks.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Good noodles, Average pizza, slow service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

They serve great noodles with prawns and pinapple. We found we had a long wait for the food though and sometimes hard to attract attention of the staff

Visited January 2013