“Kayaking in Lan Ha” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Asia Outdoors

Asia Outdoors
Noble House Mezzanine, Cat Ba, Vietnam (Formerly Slo Pony Adventures)
+84 (031) 368 8450
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 20 Attractions in Cat Ba
Type: Other, Adventure
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Kayaking in Lan Ha”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We went kayaking in Lan Ha with Asia Outdoors and loved it. We walked to their office above The Noble House and booked a 1 day tour of Lan Ha ($27) comprising minibus transfer to the harbour, boat tour, lunch and 2-3 hours kayaking around the limestone islets of Lan Ha. The scenery was spectacular and we didn't have to share this beauty with hords of other tourists all heading for Halong bay. This was a very special experience.

Visited November 2012

Perth, Australia
“Awesome day out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Great crew to go out with. Beautiful secluded scenery in the less travelled Lan ha bay. Great guides and delicious food. We did the kayaking and rock climbing and it was wonderful. Professional outfit, great communication and met some lovely people along the way!

Bobby J, Guest Relations Manager at Asia Outdoors, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Hey Mary,

Wow, thank you so much for the kind words. We are glad we could provide you and all our guests with an alternative to Ha Long Bay. I personally take pleasure in showing our guests some hidden nooks and crannies of Lan Ha Bay and am pleased you enjoyed that aspect of your trip! Hopefully you've caught the climbing "bug" and continue doing it in Australia. Please come back again when you're in the neighborhood!

SIncerly,
Cat Ba, Vietnam
4 attraction reviews
“Terrific freedom”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I have been looking my entire trip for a tour group like this one. Easy to communicate with, offers a wide variety of activities, flexible with allowing you to go with your own style.... FREEDOM. If you are tired of the packaged tours, try this one out. Asia Outdoors worked very well for what I was looking for.

Visited November 2012
Hi Peter,

We are flattered that you had such an enjoyable experience with us and really strive to give our guests the ability to customize their trips. Thank you for taking time out of your day to write such a charming review about our outfit. We really take pride in providing people with a different style of tour during their Vietnam vacation. Can't wait for you to come back for round two!

Sincerly,
Melbourne, Australia
6 attraction reviews
“friendly folks, happy kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

The friendly and energetic crew at Asia Outdoors (aka Slo Pony) just given us one of the best day we've had in two weeks in Vietnam. We had no previous experience with formal rock climbing and I was a little wary of getting my kids, 8 and 10, involved with anything too technical. They are both kind of shy around adults they dont know. But the friendly young crew were engaging and obviously experienced so we were willing to give it a go. So glad I did.

First of all, the trip out to the climbing area was a great chance to see some of this beautiful landscape from the water. Lunch was a reasonable variety of dishes on a larger boat with a chance for a bit of a swim as well. Good to know that - I think my kids would have gotten into the water sooner if they knew there was plenty of time before heading off for climbing.

The afternoon climbing session was a great success. You could be as relaxed as you like, swimming off the small but beautiful beach - again had I asked more questions we would have brought the kids' swim suits for this part of the day as well. Or as ambitious as you dared. The staff encouraged us to request tougher climbs if wanted.

Returning to the main dock in the semi sunset through this spectacular landscape is something I wont forget soon. We are keen to do more excursions with this group, I hear good things about the kayaking too. While I wouldn't think this is an outing for very young kids, anyone who can climb a tree or make their way across the monkey bars in a playground should give this a try!

Visited October 2012
New Zealand
“Great day out - you won't regret it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

After hearing other travellers thoughts an review on these guys I emailed them before we got to Cat Ba to enquire as to what they would be running during our stay. I got a friendly and quick reply from Nick with all the details and he also suggested we drop in at 5pm on our day of arrival and catch up of the daily 'meeting' they hold for people interested in the activities. Over a beer they gave us a rundown of the next days kayaking adventure and so we signed up on the spot. We had a great group of about 8 people and it was a great day out - so glad we went. Jess our guide was really good, lunch was super tasty and we enjoyed seeing the sights - it was great fun kayaking, swimming and cruising. If we had more time on Cat Ba we would've had no hesitation using this outfit again - recommended.