“Good food, will go back” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 13 Restaurants in Warrenpoint
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Belfast
“Good food, will go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Went to 23 at the weekend for a family occasion, there were five of us in total. Two of us ordered the tasting menu, which was five courses for something like £27.50, It included Foie Gras, Sea Bass, a big sirloin, a pineapple and passionfruit sorbet desert and tea/coffee. The others ordered straight from the menu. Despite two of us having more courses than the others the service was well timed and attentive.
The atmosphere and decor in the restaurant was lovely. We had a few drinks while we were there and in total it came to £35 each, which given all we got was good value and enough to ensure we will go back. It was dark when we were there so we didn't really get the view from the front of the restaurant. If you don't know Warrenpoint, the view of the Mournes and Cooley mountains is pretty spectacular, so an added reason for going to 23.

• Visited October 2013

Rostrevor, United Kingdom
“A real food experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Dined in 23 on Friday 11/10/13, and it was a dining experience. Both the food and service were excellent. Rich flavours and not a chilli to be seen thankfully!! Well done to everyone involved - very good food at a reasonable price.

• Visited October 2013
Co. Down N. Ireland
“Superb food in classy restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My wife and I recently had a meal at Restaurant 23 in Warrenpoint and were not disappointed. The service was exceptional, you are looked after from the moment you step into the restaurant to the moment you leave, nothing is too much trouble. We had the 'special' which I think was £14.95 for a 3 course meal and I have to say it was well worth the money. The menu had a good choice and although you might have to pay for a side order -I didn't as I had the fish - my wife did, the food was first class and we shall be returning in the near future. Would recommend it without hesitation. Almost forgot, the view of Carlingford lough from a window table is breathtaking.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great view, great staff, great flavours!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

My partner and I visited this restaurant last week, and ordered off the 'business lunch' menu. We both had the chicken confit for starters - the dish certainly didn't disappoint, as it was full of flavours and presented beautifully. For the main course we ordered the slow cooked beef - oh my goodness, it was melt in the mouth tender, and the sauce and side orders accompanied it beautifully - I actually felt like licking the plate. At this point both myself and my partner were feeling quite full, but the dessert menu was too tempting to ignore. We both shared the 'ginger and parsnip' pudding with rum & raisin icecream which was simply sublime and every last morsel was polished off. I couldn't fault the dining experience, and am very keen to try the 'tasting menu' which is held on Sat nights. I would certainly recommend this restaurant to anyone who is interested in good food, fresh ingredients, and a break from the norm!

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Great chef, great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

What a fantastic meal - and great views from the restaurant. The food was excellent and very good value for money. Service was first class - nothing was too much trouble. It was a pleasure to meet and chat to Raymond himself too! A brilliant experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere