“Great place” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Having read the other views, I have to agree. Best guest house I have ever stayed in. Lovely rooms, spotlessly clean, lovely fluffy towels, and every thing you need. Gill was very welcoming, and very kind when I felt a bit unwell one morning and sent up orange juice and toast to my room.
Although I do not eat meat, my scrambled eggs and nushrooms were perfect and friend wolfed down the Englias Breakfast. I could not fault anything at all and would definitely use again and recommend to others.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Myself and my son stayed in the Armada Guesthouse and we will be returning!
Gill is a lovely lady, very helpful and called us by our first names.
The pictures on the site do not do the rooms justice! They are clean, fresh and very well decorated. The on suite is impeccably clean and the towels white soft and fluffy!!
If you have forgotten any thing, (soap, shampoo) Gill has some here at a very reasonable price!
There is plenty of tea and coffee in the room and Gill makes sure you have fresh milk not the little pots that don't taste fresh.
We slept really well and woke in time for breakfast. The breakfast room(which can also be used for your take away the night before) is clean and fresh and well loved our full English, and cereal and toast!!!! Can't fault this guesthouse!! And we will return!!
Thank you Gill!!!

Room Tip: Very close to all amenities!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Wolverhampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed at this guesthouse for just one night and could not have been treated better, we were welcomed with a room tour complete with an offer of fresh milk for the tea and coffee facilities in the room, Th e rooms were very very clean and nicely decorated, Beds were comfy and we woke to a great English breakfast of extraordinary quality, Gill and John were perfect hosts. We were not sure about staying in Redcar but found it to be a nice town with good pedestrian and good facilities, They are improving the seafront as we speak and it looks like it will look nice when finished, We hope to return soon. As a side note, I left my iphone charger in the room, Gill rang me on my mobile and posted it to my home address, ASo thank you gill.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Gateshead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I stayed at the Armada Guesthouse recently when I was meeting up with friends at the Redcar rocks music festival 2012. From the moment I arrived I was given 5 star treatment, from the impeccable cleanliness of my room to the scrumptious breakfast! All the staff were professional and went out of their way to make my stay at the Armada special and memorable. This is a real 'gem' of a guesthouse, and deserves a 5 star rating.

I will definitely be back again, and recommending it to my business colleagues and friends !

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear of the gueshouse are quiet and peaceful!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Leicestershire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Welcomed with would you like a different room, en suite, small but beautifully decorated and furnished. Fantastic breakfast. Short walk to the sea front. Recommended really good Indian short walk away. All round could not have had a better night's stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

very comfortable,clean ect. but i thoght the breakfast time was outlandish. 7am -8am.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Whitehaven, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

This is the second stay I've had and it won't be the last we were made welcome on arrival given whatever information we needed about the area. The room was immaculate the breakfast was fantastic, being a biker there was room for my bike in the back yard for piece of mind. Gill ade us feel at home. Will be staying same time next year

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Armada Guesthouse, Redcar? Share your experiences!