“Paradise on earth” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotelito Desconocido

You added Hotelito Desconocido to your Saves list
Hotelito Desconocido
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   Playon de Mismaloya SN, Km 133.50, La Cruz de Loreto 48380, Mexico   |
New York, NY
“Paradise on earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We stayed three nights here in December. Words can't describe how unique this hotel is. We've stayed at 5 star properties all over the world and are never compelled to write reviews. I'd go into detail as to why hotelito is so special, but you just have to go find out for yourself. Special thanks to everyone on the incredible staff for making our vacation unforgettable.

Room Tip: La Luna on the beach or one of the beach facing lagoon rooms
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My husband and I have traveled extensively to 5 star resorts in the Caribbean & Mexico, and I never felt compelled to write a review until now. Hotelito is not only a vacation destination but an experience.We felt very safe at all times. I can only reiterate what was written in the previous reviews. The palafites are amazing, the resort is extremely clean and well kept, the site beautiful and serene. The food is delicious, fresh, and always well presented. The spa is wonderful and Patti has magical hands. The staff is incredibly attentive and will go to great lengths to fulfill your wishes,special thanks to Miguel (our spanish instructor), Diego (Mojito specialist) and Luis. We saw turtles laying their eggs and released baby turtles into the ocean. Dinners on the beach. At the root of all this are the managers, Irene and Jose, who are dedicated to make each client feel special with attention to details. My husband and I were calling the staff "Hotelito Ninjas" because they were so quick in anticipating and fulfilling our needs !. Simply paradise. We will be back, how could we not ?

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jose S, Director General at Hotelito Desconocido, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Madam,
On behalf of the Hotelito Ninjas and the management we would like to thank you very much for your opinion posted, it was sincerely a pleasure to have you both with us during your stay at Hotelito, we just tried to make your stay unforgettable and pleasant and we are proud to read that you enjoyed your time with us. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you decide to come back from now onwards, It would be our a pleasure to have you again with us.
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I decided to go on a solo vacation this year, and after much research, decided Hotelito Desconocido was the only answer... and it was the best decision I have ever made.

My Palafito (La Campana) could not have been more perfect for me. Everything about it was so relaxing and calm, I felt like I was learning how to breathe again. I honestly cannot remember the last time I was so relaxed. Every detail is considered - the whole resort manages to be simultaneously down to earth and luxurious, without being stuffy... with a sense of humor.

As a huge lover of food, I generally come away from beach vacations thinking there was something to be desired in the culinary area. I was surprised for the first time at Hotelito - the food is absolutely out of this world. Every meal was an absolute treat. Creative cocktails and surprise aguas frescas by the gorgeous pool are just added bonuses that really just make you feel pleasantly spoiled while at Hotelito.

Beyond the simple gorgeousness of the whole place, the staff really takes it over the top - somehow managing to appear when you need them, and know exactly what you want and need. Irene made the whole thing a very special experience - as well as Miguel and Diego.

I have been raving about this place for the month that I have now been back, and truly think it is a perfect choice - whether as a couple, family, friends or alone. I cannot wait to return!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Madam/Sir,

Thank you very much for your kind comments about your stay with us. I agree with you regarding our palafito Campana, it is with no doubt one of the best ones we have. We also really appreciatte your comments about our food because we consider it has to be one of our most important values.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to visit us again.
shawnm2009
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We had an amazing time!!! Everything about our stay was perfect. The staff! The food! The beach! The pool!

We stayed on the beach and fell asleep to the waves crashing on the beach and the bright stars out every night. We also got to release turtles and managed to read about 3 books during our 5 day stay. Horseback riding was great. Spa was incredibly relaxing and highly recommended. Don't think I have one bad thing to say and I've have visited some of the nicest resorts around the world.

Dear Madam/Sir,

I would like to thank you for all your comments posted about your stay with us. Please do not hesitate to contact if you would like to visit us again.

Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My partner and I spent five amazing nights at Hotelito. It was so beautiful; the kind of place you wish everyone you knew could visit. We want to go back every year! It's lit by candlelight each night, the accommodations are gorgeous and luxurious, the staff are so attentive and sweet (especially the management (Irene and Jose), Luis, Miguel, Diego and Patty), the food is delicious (even made special vegetarian food for me), spa treatments were wonderful, and the drive to/from the resort felt totally safe. We released baby turtles in to the sea, swam everyday, went for long walks, relaxed, ate dinner on the beach by bonfire, watched amazing sunsets from our palafito, and drank a few margaritas!

The palafitos on the lagoon facing the ocean were are favorite - and the 5-head rain shower facing the water was delightful.

Ultimately, we didn't have to worry about anything. All of our needs were taken care of and we felt very safe ... even part of a "family". We love this place!

Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your comments, it was a pleasure to have you with us in Hotelito and we would be more than happy to have you again every year as you mentioned, please do not hesitate to contact me if so.

Crescent City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

It's been some time since I was there - but I was just remembering my time there and I still wish I could go back... and OFTEN!
From arrival to departure - I felt excited, happy, entertained, taken care of, safe, well fed, and even like I was part of the family.
The staff there is GREAT. They all live far away, so they have staff quarters where they house until they go home for a few days - the benefit is that they are there, always, and relationship gets to form... And you do end up feeling like a little family!
I love the beach palafitos and next time I go, I will stay in one of those, but mine was serene and excellent with a great view from my bed!!!
I did not miss anything here... TV, electricity, phones, etc... did not need it. No make up! No blowdryer... not missed. Just pure RELAXATION!

GO - you will not regret it!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Jose S, Director General at Hotelito Desconocido, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear Madam,

i would like to thank you for your comment posted about your stay with us.
Please do not hesitate to contact me for anything you may need.

San Francisco, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Hotelito Desconocido for a week in October, 2012. It was one of the best vacations we've ever had. The resort was absolutely beautiful, and the staff was attentive and friendly (particularly Irene, Luis, and Miguel). The palafitos were gorgeous and larger than I anticipated. We stayed in one with both a lagoon and an ocean view. Every night at dusk, the staff would light multiple candles which gave the palafito a warm glow. The food was excellent, and we dined in the tower one evening, on the beach another evening, and had an especially romantic dinner at the spa another night. There were hammocks in the pool, and we sat in the jacuzzi and watched the sun go down on multiple evenings. We went kayaking one morning and were able to see multiple birds. To make it even better, we were able to release 600 baby sea turtles to the sea. We flew directly into Puerto Vallarta, and arranged for a car to pick us up at the airport. It was a 2 1/2 hour drive to the hotel from the airport. The drive was beautiful and we felt perfectly safe, both during the drive and once we got to the hotel. It was overall a spectacular vacation, and I highly recommend this place to all.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jose S, Director General at Hotelito Desconocido, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Madam/Sir,

I would like just to thank you for all your comments posted about your stay at Hotelito. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would to visit us again.
Jose M Sanchez-Harguindey

Been to Hotelito Desconocido? Share your experiences!