We spent four nights here in December 2012 and were extremely comfortable. Because it was just after Thanksgiving, the resort was quite empty, which we found perfect. The Copamarina is really an oasis on a long, windy road. The rooms all face the water but they are not directly on the water; the swimming pools were between us and the beach -- which is not a criticism since it was so quiet. Service was professional and attentive. The food in the outdoor restaurant was generally good (I had a fish dish that I didn't especially like because of the tomato-based sauce but the mofongo dish was excellent). Because it was low season, the restaurant didn't have several of the wines on the menu. The corkage fee of $20 seemed excessive to me. And the fancier indoor restaurant was only open Friday and Saturday so we missed our chance to try it. It would have been helpful if the front desk had mentioned this when we checked in.
The one reason I'm marking the resort less than perfect: threadbare linens and blankets. Everything was clean but the condition was awful.
For anyone thinking of taking the boat to Gilligan's Island -- I wouldn't bother unless you really need to see for yourself. We brought our snorkels but there was hardly anything worth looking at. I made the mistake of sitting at one of the picnic tables for a half-hour or so and ended up devoured by sand fleas. The bites didn't swell up until the next day and I was pretty miserable for 24 hours. At first I thought they were bed bugs but I'm now convinced otherwise, I'm happy to say.
One more plus -- the location is great if you want to shoot into Ponce for a day or explore the coast, as we did. Based on a friend's recommendation, we also visited San German but didn't think it was all that quaint or interesting.
- Also Known As:
- Copamarina Beach Hotel Guanica
- Copamarina Beach Hotel
- Copamarina Beach Resort All Inclusive
- Copamarina Beach Resort Puerto Rico
- Copamarina Beach Resort Puerto Rico/Guanica
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On Puerto Rico's undiscovered Southwestern coast is one of the Island's best-kept secrets. This beautifully landscaped, 20-acre tropical resort is situated on an isolated 3/4 mile crescent of Caribbean beachfront. The resort offers the finest in relaxation, dining, diving, sailing and eco-tourist wonders to create the perfect vacation experience. All inclusive package available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Venere, Booking.com, Amex, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Copamarina Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.