My boyfriend and I had an overall satisfactory time at Copamarina. The pools were nice, there were plenty of chairs at the beach, and the two restaurants had mostly great food.
Our initial impression was not the greatest as we arrived one hour early and told our room was not yet ready (completely understandable). After one hour, we went back to check-in and told that our room was still not ready. With no place to change or put our things, we spent the next hour waiting in the lobby. Finally when our room was ready, we found the bathroom was not as clean as we would have liked (we found some hairs in the bathroom, not a huge deal, but unpleasant) and were confused about why we had to wait so long. Overall the room was furnished well and had a great balcony. I would recommend asking for a room on the second floor so you have a full ocean view. The grounds are also kept very nicely.
Our second issue was with the dive shop. The staff was friendly, but they lost or somehow confused our snorkeling reservation even though we had called ahead a week in advance. Their reservation system is just a white board, so I think it could use some improvement. We ended up not going snorkeling at all.
We also took the ferry to Gilligan's Island, which was not a pristine beach like we thought, but a small mangrove island packed with people.
This was both of our first times to a Caribbean resort, so it is possible our expectations were a little too high. Overall, we enjoyed our time together here for 3 days, but I think we will try out other resorts in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On Puerto Rico's undiscovered Southwestern coast is one of the Island's best-kept secrets. This beautifully landscaped, 20-acre tropical resort is situated on an isolated 3/4 mile crescent of Caribbean beachfront. The resort offers the finest in relaxation, dining, diving, sailing and eco-tourist wonders to create the perfect vacation experience. All inclusive package available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, HotelsClick, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Copamarina Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copamarina Beach Hotel Guanica
- Copamarina Beach Resort All Inclusive
- Copamarina Beach Resort Puerto Rico/Guanica