“Great food, view and service. Expensive.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Guanica
Cuisines: Puerto Rican
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Houston, Texas
“Great food, view and service. Expensive.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

This is the restaurant in the Copamarina resort. We sat outside overlooking the ocean and the view is wonderful. After dark we could hear the ocean from our table and it was very pleasant. At the same location is the more informal Las Palmas restaurant (burgers, pizza, etc.). They let me order off the Las Palmas menu and my husband off the Alexandra’s menu.

The service here was terrific. The waiter was helpful, polite and attentive.

My husband had fresh salmon in a mango and lemon crust that was very tasty, fresh, and hot (about $22). He would also recommend the octopus salad that had avocados and hearts of palm ($16). I was not very hungry and just had the chicken quesadillas (FYI - shredded chicken) off the Las Palmas menu, which was fine.

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“don't bother”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

Very inconsistent, showed a beautiful menu on their website, but thats not what we got. one of our waitresses was wonderful the others not so much.

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Puerto Rico
“Good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

The Tomato dessert ummm yummy! The service good with average prices.

Visited November 2011
Philadelphia PA
“In late October only open on weekends.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

Delicious fresh lobster dinner in an elegant, but casual setting.

Visited October 2011
sky
“Inventive, excuisite presentation, unforgetable flavors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

I've visited Alexandra every time I've stayed at the Copamarina Resort. I've requested different items now, from soup, sea food, Caribbean, and dessert and I have left feeling satisfied, sexy, and happy with the whole package.

The ambiance is romantic (I suggest reserving a window seating) as you can enjoy a nice bottle of wine and nibble on one or two of their many appetizers. I always like to dress up when visiting a fine establishment, however, I did witness a couple of couples and families nicely casually dressed.

The service was excellent, no one felt rushed, there has never been a wait nor been neglected. They always made sure your area was clean, your glasses filled, the menu tastefully explained, and the food served on time.

Presentation is always important to me. I enjoy my food mostly when the presentation is clean, colorful, and either sexy or fun. Alexandra delivered that every time. If you're not into the presentation as much I can assure you that your heart will be won over the moment you taste their dish. Their seafood is fresh... their dishes are made when you order it. Dessert, they are inventive and fun and so delightful. I just fell in love with the restaurant. If you live in the area, you must try it at least once in your lifetime. If you're visiting, you must try it too! You will not regret it.

I will return.