“A lovely and friendly place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Der Obere Wirt zum Queri
Georg-Queri-Ring 9, 82346 Andechs, Bavaria, Germany   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Andechs
Dorchester, United Kingdom
“A lovely and friendly place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

I went to stay here with my girlfriend for a weekend while the octoberfest was on and it was truly a fantastic and lovely place to stay. Situated in a quiet town but within easy striking distance of plenty of sights and places to visit in the beautiful german countryside. The rooms and restaurant were immaculate and well looked after with good facilities and the restaurant served fantastic food and beer where you'll find visitors and locals enjoying the atmosphere just as much. Also watch out for the amazingly friendly and helpful staff... book here and enjoy your stay

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

HELLAS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

Stayed there with my wife for three nights. Situated in a small road was not very easy to find the first day. Room was at the back, facing the back yard and the restaurant tables. There was some noise but only until ten or eleven (saturday night). No problem with that. It is near Kloster Andechs, Diessen which you can visit using nice paths, or you can go to Munich by car or train and visit the capital of Bavaria. Restaurant was very nice. Ate there two times and food and service was very good and taste. There was no fridge in the room so we have to put in the main fridge bottles of water in the evening getting them back in the morning.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Laguna Niguel, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

We spend 2 nights at the "Queri" and we had a wonderful time. Very quiet, great clean rooms, nice decor, very friendly staff, we also enjoyed the breakfast and the free internet (pretty fast).

I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

My business colleague and I arrived to "Der Obere Wirt" zum Queri on both business and leisure.
I was amazed at how friendly the owners were and how they went out of their way to ensure our stay was perfect. The literally went out of their way when they drove us to the Andechs monestary instead of having us take a cab. Extremely friendly and most willing to do anything to help. I even emailed them for directions and the easiest way to get to the hotel. They called me internationally and walked me through the best options to get there. They made me feel like I was the only guest staying there.
The hotel was amazingly clean. It was very throughly clean, no cobbwebs in the corners, no scuff marks from luggage. It was clean and tidy.
The beds were very comfortable, the best we had on our entire trip.
I travel to Germany many times a year for both business and leisure. This has been one of the best stays and places I have been. I will for sure come back and I will for sure recommend this place. Oh and the beer and food was fantastic. Thanks for the sample of the Maisacher Dunkel!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Mountain View, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

I stayed at this place for few days with my friends. My friends from Munich recommended this place. Had one of the most comfortable stays ever. The staff was excellent. The owners Martin and Nicole were there to help with whatever we needed. The food is excellent. Away from city life but within driving distance from Munich.
A hidden gem. If you like something different than your normal busy life and enjoy beautiful sceneries and great food and drinks, this is the place to go in Bavaria.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
austin, tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2008

We had been searching for a place to stay close to the Andechs Monastery - only the best beer in Germany - and after searching online with no luck as it was the week of Oktoberfest, we saw the sign for Der Obere Wirt Gasthof. What a find! The Host, Martin Bauer and Hostess were very accommodating. The food is fantastic and it has wonderfully renovated rooms and a great little beer garten that rivals the view at Andechs. The web sight www.queri.de, is only in German but they told us they would be putting up an English version.bI can't wait to see this place in the winter.

Davis Tucker
Austin, Tx

• Liked — Great food, great staff, traditional bavarian food & atmosphere
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Der Obere Wirt zum Queri? Share your experiences!