The hotel is a half hour taxi ride (£30) from the train station or 15 minutes from the airport and located outside Edinburgh in a beautiful green area. Half hour taxi ride to centre or take bus for £5.
It is a picturesque building, well kept and full of atmosphere.
Staff is friendly and international.
There are many facilities around the hotel, such as golf courses, there is a gym and pool included in thew hotel fee. Many meeting rooms meeting business standards. Lot of nice snacks provided for the meeting rooms with plentiful portions and friendly staff.
Wifi needs to be paid for and isn't a strong connection in all rooms.
Check-in, check-out and meeting service all very friendly. Breakfast really nice with good quality and good choice. There are two restaurants, neither cheap. The country club restaurant is cheaper but poor quality, I paid £10 for a cheese sandwich on rather dry bread. The other restaurant has really nice food, but you pay accordingly (£40-50 for a meal and drink). Reservation is needed and not always available, even if the hotel seems quiet.
The room was fine with coffee and tea making facilities. Possibility to open the window. Trousers presser, ironing facilities in room. No minibar.
Bed very comfortable as always in Marriott. A bit of noise from neighbouring rooms and corridor. Many elderly people staying at this hotel tending to get up around 6 am, so best to wear earplugs if you like to sleep in.
All in all a very good experience, I stayed here a week and enjoyed the surroundings and good food. Suited for filled pockets though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its breathtaking scenery, Baronial Manor, incredible sunsets and views of Edinburgh Castle, Dalmahoy, a Marriott Hotel & Country Club is paradise. As our resort is set within 1,000 acres of parkland, you would never know you're just 7 miles from the centre of Edinburgh, our lively capital. The resort - a retreat for leisure and rejuvenation - has two 18-hole golf courses, a PGA-approved golf academy, gym, indoor swimming pool, spa and tennis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Dalmahoy, A Marriott Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalmahoy, a Marriott Hotel And Country Club
- Dalmahoy Marriott Hotel Country
- Marriott Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Marriott
- Dalmahoy, A Marriott Hotel & Country Club Scotland/Kirknewton