Attended a Wedding on 24th Feb 2013, which we had booked a room for the night, rooms were not available until late afternoon so we all had to use the Brides room ( there were about 10 of us at one point, mostly males ) which caused a lot of stress and upset to the Bride to be.
After writing to the Hotel I received a letter with several apologies for the lack of communication and lack of being told about breakfast ( which we had paid for but were not told about )
As a Hotelier myself, I was very disappointed in the lack of management and care in the Dalmahoy, it’s what I call " all fur coat and no knickers" all smiles but nothing behind them
Very poor service, very poor information, and very poor "apology"
Will not be back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its breathtaking scenery, Baronial Manor, incredible sunsets and views of Edinburgh Castle, Dalmahoy, a Marriott Hotel & Country Club is paradise. As our resort is set within 1,000 acres of parkland, you would never know you're just 7 miles from the centre of Edinburgh, our lively capital. The resort - a retreat for leisure and rejuvenation - has two 18-hole golf courses, a PGA-approved golf academy, gym, indoor swimming pool, spa and tennis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Marriott, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Dalmahoy, A Marriott Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalmahoy, a Marriott Hotel And Country Club
- Dalmahoy Marriott Hotel Country
- Marriott Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Marriott
- Dalmahoy, A Marriott Hotel & Country Club Scotland/Kirknewton