The hotel is in lovely grounds and very impressive arrival into lovely old building. Rooms are pretty standard attached in a modern block. It's all nice thou. Ate room service cause was on business and alone. Was pretty average if I'm honest. Tried to be healthy so had pasta both nights. Both times it was really over cooked and the sauces pretty average. N the second night I tried the chicken and pesto pasta. All I can say is don't! Thought it would be healthy but was covered in cream and cheese. Even in an unhealthy way it was still pretty awful! Stick to what they can't get wrong like burgers!
Aside from that very nice health club and restaurants and bars are ok! Just felt a little out in the sticks. There is a bus into town (public transport) but on the whole if you want to be in Edinburgh this is not the place! If you want a country type resort kinda thing, it is!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its breathtaking scenery, Baronial Manor, incredible sunsets and views of Edinburgh Castle, Dalmahoy, a Marriott Hotel & Country Club is paradise. As our resort is set within 1,000 acres of parkland, you would never know you're just 7 miles from the centre of Edinburgh, our lively capital. The resort - a retreat for leisure and rejuvenation - has two 18-hole golf courses, a PGA-approved golf academy, gym, indoor swimming pool, spa and tennis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Marriott, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Dalmahoy, A Marriott Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalmahoy, a Marriott Hotel And Country Club
- Dalmahoy Marriott Hotel Country
- Marriott Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Marriott
- Dalmahoy, A Marriott Hotel & Country Club Scotland/Kirknewton