Went with a group of friends for dinner at this well known, locally, inn. I believe that the ownership/management must have changed recently since the meal was inedible, the service akin to the worst exigencies of Fawlty Towers in it's heyday. Can't go wrong with rib-eye steak can you. Oh yes you can for the poor relation that was served, after being returned to the 'chef'' to staunch the blood flowing from a 'medium to well done steak', apart from being too tough to eat, bore little resemblance to any rib-eye steak of my acquaintance - apart that is from the price. When We complained the less than interested waitress replied 'I'll bring your bill' - no apology or mention of desserts, coffee etc. Totally disinterested. Even paying the bill (which strictly speaking we shouldn't have done) was a dilemma for the staff who took some considerable time and finger-counting to arrive at a result near the truth. By the way they don't accept credit cards. The kitchen closes early about 9 o'clock and even if you wanted a dessert or coffee, whatever, tough - you ain't getting it alright. This is one place that I will not be returning to - even if the food was free.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The famous Cott Inn in Dartington is one of the oldest thatched inns in Britain. It is reputed to have been built in the reign of Edward II (1307 to 1327) and has been an Inn / Pub since 1320. More information here.Situated in the village of Dartington near Totnes with beautiful countryside all around, The Cott Inn is a charming traditional family run pub. We are proud to serve excellent locally sourced seasonal food, fine wines and well kept ales, including daily fish specials and fabulous Sunday roast lunches. Perfect for romantic dinners and evenings out with friends, The Cott Inn is also a great venue for private parties with a separate dining room for up to 30 people. Come and enjoy the relaxed, friendly atmosphere, with cosy log fires in the winter months and a large, pretty garden and patio area in warmer weather. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Priceline so you can book your The Cott Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cott Hotel Dartington
- The Cott Inn Dartington, Devon - Totnes