“Valentines night away” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 4 restaurants in Dartington
Cuisines: English
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Paignton, United Kingdom
“Valentines night away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

2nd stay at The Cott Inn and loved it even more than the first :) Staff very friendly and accommodating. Food fabulous. Bedrooms beautiful and exceptionly clean.
Will definitely visit again and would recommend to family and friends.

84% Recommend
Devon, UK
“Exactly what pub dining should be like.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Finding ourselves unexpectedly free on the evening of Valentine's Day, we booked a table for two at short notice.  We arrived almost an hour early, and were expecting to wait at the bar for our booked time, but bookings were re-arranged to make room for us immediately at a quiet table by the fire.  We chose from the special Valentine's Day menu - which was not only delicious, but also excellent value for money.  Service was attentive, but discreet, and there was very little wait for our food.  All in all, we had a very relaxed evening.  Perfect.  Exactly what pub dining should be like.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Very Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This Place really knows how to make you feel at home. The food , service and cost are all very acceptable.

Very well managed establishment very worth while visiting

London, United Kingdom
“Great place but not for the single diner!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

I have dined at the Cott Inn many times before. However, this time was especially disappointing as I had pre-booked a table. I was given a badly situated table facing the bar where people were drinking, so everyone had their backs to me. It was also next to the entrance door and very draughty. I was seared there then ignored for 15 minutes before I got the offer of a menu or drinks order taken. I asked to be moved and was placed on a table that was reserved for one hour's time. Service should then have been very swift.

The service was slow and I was 10 minutes over my allotted stay when I was asked to vacate the table. I had not finished my meal. After my main course had been cleared away I was left sitting for 20 minutes before being asked to leave. I had wanted a pudding. There wad no offer to move and my bill was presented to me without my asking.

The situation wasn't well-handled, particularly as another table unexpectedy became free due to a couple moving to share a table with their friends. I should have been moved to that table but instead the filled with diners who had not reserved a table - a couple, who were served properly and able to order a full meal.

Don't go to the Cott Inn if you are dining alone, as you will be treated as a second class citizen.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Paignton, United Kingdom
“Warm welcome and lovely food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We are a group of walkers and booked a table for 16 people for lunch on a Saturday. We were warmly welcomed and were pleased to find everything waiting for us. The food was delicious and the service efficient and welcoming. The restaurant was extremely busy but everyone seemed happy with the service and the atmosphere.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere