“A favorite of our family's travels” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chymorvah Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Marazion
Chymorvah Hotel
You added Chymorvah Hotel to your Saves list
Turnpike Road, Marazion TR17 0DQ , England   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Marazion
Ohio
“A favorite of our family's travels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

Our family first went to Chymorvah when our son was 5. We fell in love with the people who run it, their animals, the view, and the entire town. We enjoyed it so much we took more family and went back two years later. Hazelmary, Pete and Bernie could not have done more to make us feel like family. The rooms are part of the gracious old house. If anyone wants a cloned hotel room, let them stay in some modern, boring hotel. The history of Chymorvah is part of its charm. The views and garden are incredible. And the beach access is a bonus. A lovely walk into town for the mandatory trip to the Mount. I would and have recommended it to anyone going to Cornwall. I wish we could go there every year.

Stayed July 2006, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Midlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

My wife and I enjoyed our 2 week stay at the Chymorvah Hotel in beautiful Marazion during May 2009. We were met with a very friendly welcome from the proprietors. We were also delighted with the room, while the picturesque views across to St. Michaels Mount were stunning. Everyday our room was cleaned to an amazing high standard. The more than ample breakfasts were always delicious, (the optional porridge with cream and honey was something to die for), while the evening meals were always tasty and filling.
Nothing seemed to be too much trouble and the staff would always put themselves out in an effort to make our stay, enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
ROSEVILLE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2009

I have stayed at the Chymorvah Hotel at least eight times, which in itself tells you how much I enjoy this place's atmosphere and attentive staff. I cannot believe some of the vindictive reviews on this site, because -- according to my experience - not one of their accusations of dirty rooms, lackadaisical service and bad food is true. The rooms are spotless and well appointed, the owners, Pete and Hazelmary Bull, are graciousness itself, and Bernie, their chef, turns out top-quality meals. The setting, of course, is attractive --with wonderful views of St. Michael's Mount-- but the REAL attraction is the ambiance of the hotel itself, and the feeling that, for the length of my stay, I am truly "at home". You need to check it out for yourself -- stay a couple of nights, or just book a cream tea in their lovely gardens. I guarantee that you will go back again and again.
Regarding the bibles and scriptural quotations that are dotted around Chymorvah, I see no problem with them. Since our moral and law codes are based on these precepts, one does not have to be a Christian to subscribe to them. No one at Chymorvah ever proselytizes -- unless you call behaving graciously in an ungracious world an advertisement for their faith. Those who are offended by the presence of bibles and moral laws might well examine their own viewpoints to see what is really annoying them!

• Stayed May 2006
Debrecen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Chymorvah Hotel for over a week. We absolutely loved every minute of it! The rooms are lovely, with amazing color coordination, the view is breathtaking. Everyone was very friendly and attentive. I wish we lived a little closer and could go back!

• Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
cornwall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

Period house with wonderful views across to the Mount . Room on the small side, but comfortable and clean. Real family atmosphere and friendly staff. Home made tasty dinners with home grown veg! Felt relaxed and at home.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled as a couple
worksop
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2009

we stayed here for a weekend break.the hotel is a pleasent family run hotel .we couldnt have wished for a warmer welcome.the room was clean and comfortable ,we had a four poster bed.if you request a room with saeview there is no better view anywhere in cornwall.the food is all local produce ,nicely served and tasty.will definately go back.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2009

Three of us stayed at the Chymorvah several years ago while touring in Cornwall and really enjoyed the time there. We became friends with the owners and still keep in touch. The accommodations and food were very good and the location excellent. I have recommended the Chymorvah to friends and relatives who were traveling to Cornwall. I don;t understand the extremely negative reviews. There are places that do not allow children or pets. There are places that are non-smoking. There are places do not serve alcohol. If one is uncomfortable in a Christian atmosphere, maybe that is their own problem. It seems to me that the owners should be allowed to run their business by their own convictions. Also, the patron has the right to go to where they will feel welcome

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Chymorvah Hotel? Share your experiences!