“Cancellation Nightmare” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Hamburg
Ottawa
“Cancellation Nightmare”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2008

I should have known better. While looking for affordable accomodations for a group of 5 in Stratford I came up dry. I was pleased to find the Newburg Inn in New Hamburg, close to Stratford On. had a mini apartment which would well fit our group.
Unfortunately our plans changed, and I needed to cancel. Our resevations were for Wednesday and Thursday night. I called at 2:05pm Monday. I was then told that 48 hours was required to cancel without paying the full nights rate. I stated to the receptionist that I was within the 48 hours. No, she stated, I would have to call by 1:00pm as that was check in time. To my shock and utter dismay I was being charged $95.00 due to an hour!!!
My demand to speak with a manager were met with a request to call back. I did, and was told that "on his behalf" she could not reverse the earlier decision and not charge me for the night. I demanded to speak with the manager directly and was bluntly told he was too busy.
I restated to the receptionist that there web site stated 48 ours but did not have a time. All that was said by her was that was "the policy"
Safe to say that if that is the was they treat customers, I have no interest in ever spending more of my hard earned money at their establishment in the future.

Stayed August 2008

Travelers are raving about these New Hamburg hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)

Been to Newburg Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Newburg Inn

Address: 2240 Walker Road, New Hamburg, Ontario N3A 1N5, Canada
Location: Canada > Ontario > Region of Waterloo > New Hamburg
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Hamburg
Hotel Class:2 star — Newburg Inn 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Newburg Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Newburg Inn New Hamburg, Ontario

If you own or manage Newburg Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.