“Newhamburg Motel” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Hamburg
Orangeville, Canada
“Newhamburg Motel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

It was terrible, the room was cold, the TV didn`t work, the curtains hung over the baseboard electric heat, which is a total fire hazard. We could see daylight all around the AC unit in the wall. It wasn`t clean.
We paid $79.10 for this room (using the term loosely), we attempted to get our money back and they offered us a heater to warm up the place.
They finally agreed to a refund of $40.00 which was half our money back.
DON`T GO THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

hi guys,
i stay there for 2 weeks good service i think its new owners good peoples helps us too
try it out clean rooms.back 5 acres nice views

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Perth County, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

I went to the Newburg Inn with friends in the spring of 2009 and it was a wonderful stay. The inn staff were very accommodating, letting us play foot hockey in the driveway upon arrival. The washrooms weren't memorable, but who needs a washroom when there's a ravine out back you can s&*t in? If staying in New Hamburg, I'd highly suggest visiting an establishment called "Edleys". Great karaoke, reasonably priced drinks, and an array of lush houseplants throughout.
We'll be back!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010 via mobile

This place is horrible it lacks customer service it's outdated and unclean! Booked for the weekend wished I had read these reviews first the room was old and outdated with a wierd smell to it, which they tried to coiver up with 5 car air fresheners of different scents! it's obviously not cleaned often as there was dust everywhere and someone else's hair in the shower. Went to try and get out of the second night and was told they couldn't reverse the charge and that their roons do not smell bad and are cleaned regularily, I guess the black mold was a figment of my imagination too!!! The health inspector needs to shut this place down!!!!

• Stayed November 2010

Travelers are raving about these New Hamburg hotels

Cambridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

Although , I was little apprehensive after reading some earlier reviews but I did not find anything of that sort. The rooms are spacious , clean and comfortable. It is quiet place at a good location. The owner is friendly and helpful. I had a fairly good stay. No complains.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

Had the same experiences as the previous reviewer. Googled photos before we booked, and it looked OK. I don't know where these photos came from, but they were not of this place!
Looked like someone had been using the room, as the pillows and covers were ruffled like someone had been laying on top of the bed. Stale smelling, dead flies, not vacuumed. How can someone supposedly "clean" a room and walk by things like that?
We will no longer pay and check in (to a place we have doubts about) without seeing the room first. We decided not to stay and our money was not refunded.
Needs updating and a good cleaning!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Elmwood
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

DO NOT EVEN THINK OF STAYING HERE UNLESS YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY DESPERATE.
We reserved a romm at this motel a month ago. We had stayed there a few years back and it was a great stay and thought we would try it again. Like I said, we reserved a month earlier and were quoted $59 for June 12th, 2010 which is a Saturday. Anyone quoting a price for a date would look it up to see it was a Saturday right? Now, we arrive at this motel (if you can call it that) and the first disappointment was that we were charged $63 as it would appear that the person who quoted us the price gave us a week price as opposed to the weekend price. Being only $4 I let her know I was not happy that a price quoted is a price quoted. The first room #8 when she opened the door we were floored and I could not even walk in it. The smell of stale cigarette smoke was so bad I could not even enter. The second room #7 was the same. The third door she opened, someone was in the room. oops! Then the last door #3 that she opened the room was much better but definately a smoking room as well. There are obviously people that live there all the time as one of our neighbours did. We decided to stay being that the linens were clean but the rest of the room certainly left a lot to be desired. After settling in, we found dishes in the one dresser drawer, there was food in the fridge. A foil pan with asparagus and peppers and a plate with three chicken on a stick things that reaked of garlic. I set them outside the back door and when I saw the keeper again I mentioned about the food in the fridge. She wanted the food to give to someone else. This food by now had been sitting in the hot humid air for an hour. I had brought some disinfecting wipes with me (a travelling habit) and had to use them in the bathroom as the sink was not clean. The toilet rocked so bad that you had to hang on and the taps leaked because they were so loose. We did not even use the shower. There was dirt a 1/2 inch thick in the corners of the bathroom and dirt and hairs on top of the electric baseboard, a dirty towel on top of the closet and I could go on and on.
I am now going to advise the health board and whoever else I can as this place is totally discusting and should be condemened

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Newburg Inn? Share your experiences!