My partner and I booked an overnight stay here just before Christmas to celebrate my birthday. When we booked the hotel, Joe asked whether we were celebrating anything and when I told him, he offered us a room upgrade for a small supplement and I thought nothing more of it. It was only when we went down for dinner and another guest and I who was also celebrating his birthday were given little bits of special attention that were completely unexpected but a lovely touch.
The hotel itself is so warm and welcoming, with Joe on hand to greet us on arrival, help us to park and then show us to our rooms.
Afternoon tea is terrific, with all items homemade and the food at dinner is exceptional with a good menu choice worthy of a much larger establishment. Dinner is a very communal affair, held in the small, intimate dining room with everyone dining together at one sitting, which although initially sounds like it could be daunting is actually a brilliant and friendly experience.
I could go on and on about how wonderful the hotel, the food, and the service are but I wouldn't want anyone to miss out on experiencing the hospitality Joe and Elizabeth give. I guarantee you'll go back - We certainly will be doing!!
- Also Known As:
- Ashfield House Hotel Grassington
- Ashfield House Hotel
- Ashfield Hotel Skipton
- Ashfield House Grassington, Yorkshire
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Private guest accommodation with dining facilities where a ‘Long Weekend Break is not Long Enough.’ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Ashfield House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.