“Amazing Thai Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dhabkwan Resort & Spa

You added Dhabkwan Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Dhabkwan Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   2/21-24 Moo 2 Suanyai, Nonthaburi 11000, Thailand   |
Ranked #3 of 9 Nonthaburi B&B and Inns
Brisbane, Australia
“Amazing Thai Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

The Dhabkwan is a special place, offering peace and tranquility and was exactly what I was looking for and the whole setting was just magical! My cousin visited Bangkok July 2012 and recommended this Resort to me and said when she next visits, she is going to book her accommodation here. I felt the warmth and generosity from the staff and they really bent over backwards to ensure our stay was very special. I loved the authenticity about the place and I would have expected to pay more for the privilege of a true Thai cultural experience, such as this. I also took my 14 year old son with me and wasn't sure what his response would be when he arrived at our accommodation but much to my surprise....he absolutely loved it. We could have stayed in any hotel in Bangkok but I was looking for an 'exclusive historical haven' where we could relax before going into an intense Asia Pacific Extravaganza training held at the Impact Arena. I wanted the real deal and I was so happy I found it. The Resort is situated in Nonthaburi and is still easy access to all amenities by taxi. We stayed 6 nights and dined in almost every night and the cuisine was superb! Breakfast was brought to our room at the time we requested, there was no set time and I absolutely loved the Thai breakfast! Whilst there I also took a Thai cooking class which is something I can recommend to those who really want to get up close and personal with the people and their beautiful culture. The Thai massage is a must do also. Another feature which I found really attractive, was the function room which was perfect for an intimate wedding or a birthday party. This was our first visit to Thailand and we didn't find the language a barrier, rather it made us use other forms of communication. Our room was serviced daily and offered all the luxuries you would expect while on vacation/business - it was clean and comfortable and the firm bed....well that was all part of the experience, in my opinion. We consider the Dhabkwan Resort & Spa to be in a class of it's own, very unique, very boutique, very authentic and I strongly recommend you stay here, if this is what you are looking for.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
DhabkwanResort, Manager at Dhabkwan Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Ms. Moana M.

We appreciate your comments and thank you for your stay with us.
We are looking forward to seeing you here again in the near future.

Families
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Thai first
Hua Hin, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We had 5 beautiful and peaceful days at this amazing thai style resort.
Be prepared for something unique and different. This is not your regular 3 or 4 star resort. The are about 6 separate villas,around a small lake, it is filled with huge koi fish,beautiful lotus flowers and the beautiful gardens have an amazing bird life. The staff here are very attentive,aiming to help and assit in every way,they are very friendly,courteous and professional. Each day you are asked if you would like american breakfast or thai breakfast,and what time you would like it to be brought to your room. Each morning we awoke to our breakfast being served on our balcony, which overlooked the lake,what a way to start the day.
We ate dinner and most lunches at the hotels restaurant,the two lady chefs have been cooking traditional thai food for over 35 years,it would have to be the best thai food we have experienced,we have been visiting Thailand for the last 16 years and tried plenty of Thai food in that time. The Tom Yum Goog is fantastic,the best, as was everything else on the menu.I had an amazing massage whilst here,2 hours of bliss.
The room we had, was fitted with two double beds,as we had requested a king bed. The staff rallied around and brought the two beds together,problem solved,a little different to what we are used to,but we didn't mind.Now these beds had very firm mattresses,we are used to a very firm bed,but these were very firm and thin,so make sure you request a room with a thicker and softer mattress,if that is your preference. If you are looking for a little time out,from the hustle and bustle,stay at this gorgeous resort. Less than a 3 minute taxi ride,will bring you to the Nonthaburi Pier,and it has plenty of markets,food and shopping. If you hop onto the express ferry,that will take you down river towards Bangkok,and that only cost 15 baht.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr./Mrs.Moofarang,

We appreciate your comments and will action accordingly. Once again, thank you for your stay with us and looking forward to seeing you here again in the near future.

Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

There's no denying this was a beautiful and atmospheric place to stay and it felt very boutique. The room had a lot of nice touches such as dressing gowns and scented oil burner, but there were a couple of basic issues which for me, spoiled what I was hoping would be a luxurious weekend. Of course there was the usual Thai thing of no hot water in the sink and although there was a plug, it was far from water-tight - I can live with that. The bigger problem was that the air conditioner barely worked, so it was a very hot and uncomfortable night. The Thai-style house also meant it was very dark inside, so it was nice to open doors and windows, but with no fly screens, it was an insect free-for-all. They provided a net for the bed and a repellent spray, but the screens would really help. One staff member spoke a little English, but the others really had only a few words, so if you need something, it can be difficult if you don't know any Thai. They try very hard to please you, though. The restaurant had a large Thai menu and the food was fine, but I didn't think it was outstanding.
Overall, they're just slightly missing the mark.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road - there are roadworks at the moment and it looks like they'll...