“Lush landscape and breath taking views...Must see” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Activities: Golfing
More attraction details
Owner description: The newest golf course in the Caribbean opened in December 2009. Apes Hill Club enjoys a prime location at almost 1000 feet above sea level in the centre of Barbados. Located amongst a richly diverse landscape of rolling meadows, dense tropical forest, and coral stone quarries. The Club and its splendid amenities are establishing a new standard of excellence in the Caribbean. The developers, with a shared passion for creating communities designed to preserve and enhance their natural environments, have risen admirably to the challenge. The 470 acres of land has been divided into eight neighbourhoods with two two-thirds of the acreage ramaining as open space. Property owners have a selection of custom homes or semi-detatched villas which blend harmoniously with nature while affording unparalleled views of breathtaking scenery.
Atlanta, GA
19 attraction reviews
“Lush landscape and breath taking views...Must see”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

We take a family vacation to Barbados every year and typically my husband plays golf at the Westmoreland course. This year he played at Ape’s Hill and we had an awesome time. The green was lush, the staff was very accommodating, the food was superb and the monkey’s that watched us the entire time were friendly and cute. The scenery was beautiful and absolutely breathtaking. I am a vegetarian and the staff catered to my needs while bringing me lunch on the green while I waited on my husband and colleagues. All in all, we enjoyed our experience and will be coming back for sure.

Visited May 2014
ApesHillGolf, Director of Sales at Apes Hill Golf Club, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
We are so pleased that you chose to play Apes Hill on your visit to Barbados this year. Thank you for the compliments on the course and especially for the staff. We are very proud of our staff and glad that they looked after you well. We look forward to seeing you again on the course.

New York City, New York
“Hidden Treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

We just returned from a week in Barbados. We spent the first 3 nights at an Apes Hill Club Golf Villa. Loved the villa and the golf! We started our first round at Apes Hill at 4:00 and only made it through 12 holes before it got too dark and we had to head in. They have a reduced rate after 2PM so that was fine. There was no caddy to warn us of various hazards so our 12 hole preview gave us a chance to get the lay of the land and prepped us for our next, full round. The course is one of the most beautiful I've ever played--up there with Teeth of the Dog and Llao Llao -- lovely sea views, undulating greens, superb use of the natural coral, the jungle and cane plantation artifacts in the landscaping, holes 5 and 13 we're breathtaking but almost every hole is a photo op. I wish I'd had the descriptions of the holes that they have posted on their website printed on a card since they would have helped with the strategy for each hole. The rough was impenetrable so if a ball veers off course consider it gone. I tried to find a ball that went into some rocks and came out covered in little burrs. The greens are pretty slow so it's worth taking some putts on the practice green. The rental clubs we were given were good quality and new. The current clubhouse is relatively modest but is a temporary solution until the real clubhouse is finished--their scheduled to start construction on it this summer and once that's done it will be first class all the way. Overall it was a great golf experience and I'd go back in a heartbeat!

Visited April 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback. What a great idea of having the description of the holes for you to take with you. We love getting new ideas. You will be pleased to know that we have been working on the greens and they are running much faster now. We love the fact that you love the course as much as we do. We have Mother Nature to thank for giving us this incredible piece of land. Looking forward to welcoming you back.
Woodbridge, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Great course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

The staff were superb, I was on a fact finding mission and was treated like royalty. They had no idea who I was, but still treated me to a trip around the back 9 and a couple of star golfers allowed me to tee off the 11th with their clubs. A truly beautiful course with very professional staff.

Visited November 2013
Our Staff are wonderful people and we love the fact that you were treated well and enjoyed your visit. Please come back.
OXFORD
“Gone to golfing heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Playing here was a gift from my other half. She'd seen me looking at the Website and booked it through Camilla at the club.
I couldn't sleep the night before through excitement.
The arrival up the driveway to the clubhouse is special enough, very impressive.
My clubs were whisked away and I was told to go to the pro-shop and get some coffee whilst my clubs were loaded onto the cart.
The clubs websites pictures do not do the course justice.
It is without question the most beautiful course I ever seen or been on.
The course was excellent condition, every green immaculate and true.
Good buggies with water etc. provided and a good GPS system as well.
They are currently building a new clubhouse and I hope the view are just as amazing as they are at the moment upon completion. Nice pool as well. Take your trunks!
Also has the cleanest porta-loos on course I have ever seen dotted around the course.
We had time to kill waiting for our taxi so we ate at the clubhouse. Glad we did. Tasty food at really good prices. Another club we've been to up the road where everything is pink have hiked the prices up and play on the name they have. Apes Hill, have not and I don't think they will.
All of the staff were friendly and efficient. Camilla, thank you for sorting this out with Philippa. It was amazing.
Take your camera and take your time.
If you take your other as I did warn her about how many monkeys you will see on your way around. You will see loads. That way when she sees her first one on the back nine she won't shout out "MONKEY" right in the middle of your downswing causing the most alarming hook I have ever played!!!! Apparently I nearly took the monkeys head off!

If you have a golfing bucket list then you must add this course to it! You will not be disappointed.
A truly beautiful golfers paradise.
BOOK IT NOW!

Visited March 2014
What a great gift to receive and I am so happy that everything went well (not counting the Monkey shout) I will ensure that Camilla and the rest of the team receive your thank yous and positive feedback. Next year you need to stay with us as well. That will be a true gift and celebration.
London
“Golfers paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful experience it was playing Apes Hill. The most stunning views I've experienced anywhere in the world. Fantastic service from all departments. I can't wait to go back and play again soon. Thanks again for the great day!

Visited February 2014