“very friendly - well looked after” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wireless Cottage

Wireless Cottage
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lochboisdale
Wireless Cottage
Save Saved
You added Wireless Cottage to your Saves list
Lochboisdale, Scotland   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Lochboisdale B&B and Inns
South Shields, United Kingdom
“very friendly - well looked after”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

stopped here with a mate while touring Scotland on a motorbike and chose to stay here for one night. Pre booked on phone nice friendly people, greeted well and the bikes allowed in back garden.

Coffee and cake on arrival , in lounge. Nothing seemed to much to ask.
Okay the bathroom is shared but the place only has 2 rooms.

Good value for money. I think the extra charge for the bath is to stop you taking too long.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

A very warm welcome received from Mary upon arrival followed by a lovely cup of tea and slice of cake. Very gratefully received! After a few days cycling the southern islands and spending most nights in a tent we decided to treat ourselves to a warm soft bed. We chose the first B&B we found online and very glad we did. The room was spacious and clean with one double and one single bed, tea/coffee making facilities and TV/DVD player. Guests have the privilege of their own spacious lounge/breakfast room with TV, DVD and tourist books and pamphlets. Bathroom is, by our standards, huge and kept clean and well stocked. But by far the greatest appeal of the Wireless Cottage is the proprietors, Mary & Steve. Both constantly wore a genuine smile, had a great sense of humour and made us feel right at home. So much so, as we were due to leave the islands from Lochboisdale a few nights later, we booked in for our last night at the Wireless Cottage again. We were treated to the very same top-notch hospitality the second time round and will no doubt be back in future. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This B&B has so much potential and the owners are lovely. However, they have three rough collies, all elderly dogs which are mostly inside and kept in the owners' bedroom at night, door slightly open. The entire house reeks. While this is bad enough, finding dog hair in your eggs and in the butter at breakfast is simply disgusting. I am very sorry to have to give such a negative review, but I am glad we only stayed there for one night. A real shame.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
wirelesscottage, Owner at Wireless Cottage, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
What a terrible review and a shock to read.
Sad thing is I do not remember you or when you stayed in our home.
Why? Why did you not tell me there was a problem?

I am very hurt and upset to read what you have put on here.
My dogs should not be an issue to guests they live in our sitting room with us away from guests.
They do not go into guest’s bedrooms, the kitchen or the guests lounge.
The breakfast is in no way in contact with my dogs, I wear clean clothes to attend to guests.
I always ask if guests are happy as I would have asked you. I ask if the breakfast is alright.
I do not remember anyone saying there was a problem, but you write a damming review like this how sad and upsetting. Given the chance I would have tried to put things right but you did not say there was a problem.
I am sorry if you do not like dogs I do try to keep them separate to guests.
Not sure how you knew where I sleep as I never invited anyone into my private rooms.
Lastly how do you know it was a dog hair?
Forres, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I had a fantastic stay. From the minute I arrived to the minute I left, I felt so welcomed and very comfortable. Mary is one of those lovely people who goes the extra mile. Tea and cake on arrival. A very nice room, good facilities and a nice lounge to relax while reading, watching tv or socialising with fellow guests. I really didn't want to leave. A two minute walk from the ferry making it a perfectly situated establishment for arrival and departure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed at Wireless Cottage for the last night of our cycling holiday, and were made to feel very welcome and catered during our stay. The twin room was large and well furnished, the comfortable beds meant we each got a good night's sleep. Mary recommended the Lochboisdale Hotel for dinner where we enjoyed a fine meal just down the road, and the breakfast in the morning was definitely worth it!

The only minor things were that the room was a little cold during the evening, and the shower was quite difficult to use and not that hot, so we were left feeling a little chilly at times.

Other than that a great stay in an historic cottage.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed at the wiireless cottage recently whilst cycling with a friend. We arrived soaking wet from a days cycling in the rain. The owner Mary immediately made us feel welcome and helped us put our bikes under cover in the garden. She then proceeded to show us the room and made us a welcome with tea and cake. The B+B was comfortable and warm, great big bathroom and the front TV room was nicely decorated and made available for our use. The full cooked breakfast in the morning was great. B+B walking distance from ferry and hotel for evening meal. All in all - great B+B at a good price.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Friendly B&B in a good location. The cottage has an interesting history relating to early telecommunications. Good value. Not en suite but has large bathroom. Nearby Lochboisdale Hotel can provide good quality bar/restaurant dinners, also Wifi. N. B. Wireless Cotttage is not listed by VisitScotland (the misnamed and somewhat dysfunctional national tourism body).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Wireless Cottage? Share your experiences!