“hotel stay” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Camrose

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Edmonton, Alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

It's my second stay here. I felt had to try it again after my last not so pleasant stay... I must admit, this is a nice clean and quiet hotel when it's not Big Valley Jamboree.. One thing I couldn't quite figure out, why would cleaning supplies be left in my room and my bathroom not replenished with supplies with it being so quiet? Human error I guess, my employer was compensated (traveling for business and a deduction was put against my room charge), but nothing for me. In fact, when I had breakfast and asked for one egg as opposed to the menu (2 eggs or 3 eggs), I was still charged the full amount for the 2 egg breakfast.... There are definitely little things that could have improved my stay.. Maybe next time (3 strikes and your out).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Slave Lake, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

When I arrived at 12:01 am the hotel front desk mentioned something I couldn't understand about an accounting problem. I guess it had to do with checking in so late, but that happens when you drive 6 hours from Grande Prairie and leave at 6pm. Left me with a bad experience before I even got to my room.
Entrance to hotel is goofy and seems to be as far away from elevator as it can get.
Room key problem the one day, had to spend my time getting it corrected, other had the same problem that day.
When I checked out, was never asked how my stay was (this would be a minimum requirement at any hotel).
There are other hotels in Camrose, unfortunately not as close to the Exhibition grounds. Next time I'm not sure where I'll stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Your hotel has become my husband and my "own place to run away to" my husband brought me to your Elvis show for my 40th birthday and it was very memorable! Our dog of 14 years had passed away that same morning and your Elvis show and your wonderful staff and clean rooms and great food really helped the day to be wonderful. We have been there three times since we have moved closer to Camrose and it will always still be our own little wonderful hideaway ! Jacuzzi suites are picturesque.
We hope you bring Elvis back!

• Stayed February 2013
BW C, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Camrose Resort & Casino, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
We are very glad you enjoy your visits with us. I am sorry to hear of your dog's passing. Was a very difficult time I am sure. Of course we will bring Elvis back and many more :) We are working on a Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton tribute at the moment hopefully for the fall!
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is an excellent place to stay. Staff are very helpful, rooms are sparkly clean and the food is very good. We had a microwave and fridge. Beds are very comfortable. There is a hot tub, swimming pool and water slide. Gamble if you want or enjoy small town living with excellent stores. Ladies check out Lou's, it is fabulous.

Room Tip: Rooms with king size beds have very soft white terry towel bath robes.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

At the end of March, we had a Friday to Sunday stay, using the comfortable rooms, ballroom and catering services.
We all enjoyed the rooms, service and food! Each room had a microwave, and fridge. The beds were comfortable. The water was hot for every shower. My quad group rented the family suite, it had two bathrooms and pull out couch plus three beds! (I was impressed that the remote control was fresh for each customer, great touch!)
All our of participants were pleased with the entire weekend and we never left the building; it was very satisfying. There's also a very nice pool and hot tub.
And the managers did terrific pre-event planning to help make this event awesome!
We recommend their services, and will definitely use the facility again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
BW C, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Camrose Resort & Casino, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Hi there,

Thank you for the glowing review. We really do find encouragement from reading the positive experiences our guests have.

Look forward to serving your needs again in the future,
Dawn Anderson
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Our family really enjoyed the pool and the waterslide, the restaurant (where the food was quick and fresh), the free wings (Wed customer appreciation) and the large room with the mini fridge and microwave. It was just what we wanted.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Camrose Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!