On our journey out to Italy I was suddenly struck by the thought that I might have been making a terrible mistake. I had booked a whole fortnight in a tiny hotel that I knew nothing about other than what I had seen on the hotel's web site and on Trip Advisor. I need not have worried. This beautiful little hotel, high up in the Tuscan hills is excellent. The staff, led by the supremely efficient Signor Protti could not have been more friendly or more helpful. Signor Protti helped us plan our visits to all the Tuscan towns and cities that we wished to see and the charming Jalilla (who ran the restaurant) was a mine of information about shopping. The standard of service in this beautifully renovated 17th century hotel is of the highest; the rooms, though rustic in decor, are immaculate. The grounds are beautiful with terraces overlooking spectacular views of the Tuscan countryside. The food, served either in the pretty dining room or outside on the terrace, is excellent (the huge choice at breakfast being particularly memorable). We had planned to eat out from time to time but two forays into other restaurants in the area convinced us that it wasn't worth the effort - the food on offer at Relais San Pietro, although limited in terms of choice (particularly if you are staying for any length of time) was so perfectly cooked and presented that we ate in the hotel restaurant most evenings. All of this, together with the utter tranquility of the location, made it a perfect holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relais San Pietro in Polvano, a family-run establishment set in an eighteenth-century converted hamlet in the Tuscan hills, is pure paradise for those seeking a quiet retreat. The panoramic pool is located on one of the terraces overlooking the olive groves and valley and is the perfect spot for relaxing or sipping a drink whilst enjoying the spectacular sunsets. An evening turn-down service adds to the luxurious atmosphere and attention to detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Relais San Pietro in Polvano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais San Pietro In Polvano Hotel Castiglione Fiorentino
- Relais San Pietro In Polvano Castiglion Fiorentino, Italy - Tuscany