“ahhhh...Coron” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Coron

Brisbane, Australia
“ahhhh...Coron”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2010

I stayed last Nov 2009 in Coron for 3 days and 2 nights via Zest air which is known for having delayed flights. My flight bound to Busuanga is at 1:00 Pm but I boarded at around 2 :00 pm. I arrived in Busuanga at exactly 3: 15 pm and was picked up by the hotel staff even if they mispelled my name. Before I took the ride going to the hotel, a travel agent approached me and offered me island hopping tours just for one day, he just gave me his calling card if I want to arrange tours with him. After a 45 minute from the airport to the town proper, I went to Village Lodge and checked in there. I stayed at the hotel for about an hour just to refresh myself and toured around the town proper just to check the shops and market. There's nothing much to see at the town proper if you are looking for night life or parties. What the town has are pubs, restaurants and a simple 24 hour massage parlor but I did not try even one of them because I am after the tours. I ate at the restaurant for dinner and contacted the travel agent that approached me after I had my supper. I waited for about one hour for him to come at the hotel. When he came, he offered me different packages and tours and after the negotiation and the intensive bargain with him I got the tour just for Php1000 inclusive of lunch since I am traveling alone and I will just join with other guests in a private boat.

The next morning, the travel agent picked me up at the hotel and we went to the port for my island hopping tour. I saw two foreigners on the boat where I ll have my ride to different islands. The foreigners are nice and greeted me once I was on the boat. They are Swedish national who explored asia specifically Phillipines for the first time. Our boat driver toured us first at Siete Pecados dive site. The current of the sea that time was so strong that I was not able to swim properly and I did not enjoy much of the diving because of the current. However, even if there are strong currents that time, I was able to see the beauty of this coral haven. Unlike, the normal diving sites that I have been, this place has an abundant marine life. I saw a myriad number of fishes, sea urchins and coral reefs. On our next stop we went to kayangan lake. We traversed the steep mountain steps and went on the top of it and had a picturesque view of the coron cilffs that I usually see on the website of Palawan. We went down again on the mountain and we saw this very beautiful turquoise lake. I was so amazed by the beauty of this lake and the first thing that I want to do is dive and plunge on these body of water. Kayangan considered as one of the cleanest lake in the country and I would like to attest for that. We even rode a bamboo raft and do our own kayaking at the lake. After I enjoyed the brackish and blue water of Kayangan lake, we went again to another island to have our lunch and then off to the Japanese shipwreck site. What I only saw in that time was the tip of the boat. As our island hopping tour continues, we went to CYC then to twin lagoon. Twin lagoon has one of the best lagoons in Palawan. Once you have entered the second lagoon, you will be astounded by the the cliffs and rock formations that will welcome you once you arrived that. To add more, the tranquility and silence of the place make you appreciate nature. I have never been to a place as quiet as this lagoon. On our last stop we went to barracuda lake and submerged ourselves on the deep blue waters of the lake. The deep abyss of the lake is quite scary but I enjoyed it so much.

On my last day in Coron, I rented a tricycle going to Kabo beach and Maquinit Hot springs. Kabo beach is a secluded place in Coron. Honestly speaking I was not amazed by the coastline of the beach because the color of the sand is brown. What I did on that beach is to do sun bathing and a little photo shoot of myself. After the tanning session on the beach, I went to Maquinit Hotsprings. It s a stupid idea i guess going to a hot spring on a very hot morning but it would be more fun to do it on evenings. Overall my stay in Coron was superb and I will surely go back here again if I have time and explore the beaches and the lakes again.

La Puente, California
“Nature at it's finest”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

Clear waters, astounding views, adventure, tranquility, and hospitality rolled into one. Words and pictures won't do it justice. You have to be there!

here's a link to our video shot in Coron, Palawan PHILIPPINES

Belgium/Holland
“great for wreck diving...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

small and quiet city. known for diving the japanese shipwrecks.

Singapore, Singapore
“Of all the towns in Pawalan, Coron's worth re-visiting!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2010

A must place to see! Coron's definitely diversed than any other towns. Iv'e visited Puerto Princesa lastyr. They have underground river, and yes!!its amazing.. Just mere looking at the stones formations inside the cave made me teary-eyed, and keep on thanking the Lord He created a wonderful replica of the Holy Family inside the Subterranean River. Moreover, Honda Bay is Good especially if its low tide..Its like a sand bar..

El Nido has the nicest beach ive seen..the Secret beach (where Leonardo Di Caprio shot one of the sequence the his film, The beach), The lagoons are great! (Big and small lagoon) - best for weddings! And many other islands.. you'll enjoy el nido if you'll stay there for 6 days.

Well Coron, definitely the best!
12 Japanese wrecks can be found in there so for the divers, its a must see!
there are lots of islands, twin lagoon, lake, bay, and for the snorkelling spots:: CORAL GARDEN is the best! (if you have seen Balicasag's MArine Sanctuary in Bohol, You'll appreciate Coral garden too) it is really a coral garden!! i swear..
Beach? CYC, Atwayan and Banol beach are great.
Calomboyan And black island are nice..
Banana island-crowded but good.
Malaroyroy and Malcapuya!! - serene beauty!!

Night life? Otto's pub house, Bistro, Kawayanan grill, The Old house, to name a few, are all restau-bars that are worth visitng..

Brampton, Canada
“Palawan- Real Paradise on Earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2009

If you want to swim with the fishes, rejuvenate your soul by deeping in a hot spring, see the bluest and clearest lake in the world....visit Coron,Palwan....you will see the real beauty of nature.

Just 40 minutes from Manila by plane, Coron is a sleepy town but minutes away by banca(small boat) ride lies wonderfull reef limestones and the bluest and clearest of waters in the world.

I am just excited to show you this place. worth visiting in your lifetime

Visit Lake Kayangan (Accesible by a hike up a mountain..its like opening a present and suddenly before u lies the beautiful blue lake)

Maquinit spinr- hotspring that will rejuvenate your soul

Lake Banol- white sand and limestone reefs what more can u ask for

Marine Park- swim with the fishes amongst the corals ...beautiful

Been to Coron? Share your experiences!