“Love Coron!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Coron Westown Resort

Save Saved
You added Coron Westown Resort to your Saves list
Coron Westown Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Sitio Dipulao, Brgy. Poblacion 6, Palawan Island 5316, Philippines   |
Offers & Announcements
10% off Promotion Code
Ranked #12 of 15 hotels in Coron
West Covina, California
“Love Coron!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Great hotel, fits in nicely on this beautiful island. The staff's customer service is a 10 out of 10. They are always there to help and they are quick and responsive. Clean rooms, great pool, great bar and awesome food and drinks. Only complaint is to lower the beer price. If you want to eat and drink at lower prices go to Chicken Alley which is right next to the hotel.

I'll be back!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I arrived after 4N5D on a boat expedition so was looking forward to hot showers and proper facilities. However upon arrival around 8pm I was told my room was given away as they were overbooked and I had not shown up by 6pm which according to their booking policy is equivalent to a no show! I never hard of such nonsense! I checked my confirmation with Booking.com and no where did I find this ridiculous notice. After much discussion they agreed to refund that night's hotel cost but they had no room for me. Thankfully I had met some people on my trip who were kind enough to let me bunk in their room for the night. Westown did offer to pay for a room at another hotel but I didn't want to be moved. In fact the next day I heard them give a similar speech about being overbooked to another group of people who were not happy to be moved to another hotel.

The hotel facilities at this resort were actually reasonably ok but the staff were very young. The rooms were big and spacious and the AC worked well. We didn't have any electricity problems like the other hotels around town. Their biggest selling point were the swimming pools. Since the island doesn't have any beaches having a pool is a real commodity. The loungers were modern and comfortable. They even had a small spa where we had a late massage before bed.

If you were planning on staying here, best to do come during non peak season or there's a chance you'll be shipped off to another hotel!

Room Tip: My friends and I both paid for deluxe but they got pool view but I got wall view.....?! Ask for pool...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

The biggest, nicest hotel/resort in CORON! We had a nice time here. The temperature of the pools were great! Such a lovely place for solos, couples, and group. We had a blast at the tours included in our package.
Food as well is yummylicious! Its definitely uncomparable to the restos outside d hotel. If we have lunch outside, we always go back to d hotel for another meal. Price of food is reasonable too. Only that it will take 15-20 minutes for the orders but its worth the wait.
Rooms are comfortable enough for 3-4 persons and the best part is we have our veranda. Since our rooms are located at the first floor, d veranda serves as another entrance right next to the pools.
The only thing that bothered us are the bugs or insects at night. Its understandable that there will be since the resort is located in front of a hill, full of grass and trees. No neighbors. Perhaps a bug spray should be partoif the daily make up room.
But overall, we had a blast especially on the tour packages included in our trip. I will definitely go back and will refer to everyone as well.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
WengCheng, Admin-OIC at Coron Westown Resort, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting this generous review on Trip Advisor…and choosing our resort for your recent stay. I am so delighted to know that you and your family had a wonderful experience and enjoyed our Premium Rooms with direct access to the swimming pools.
Thank you for your remark towards our food at The Restaurant – we find that guests have a little more time to wait for their food and we are addressing this issue with our food and beverage team. We try to please all palates and preferences and we are glad you loved the food we serve. We are
I do acknowledge your review regarding the insects that bothered you during your stay, recently we have rescheduled our insect fogging more frequently to get rid of these bugs.
Once again, thank you for your review, it is kind of you to recommend us to your friends and families. We hope to welcome you again in Coron Westown Resort.

Best regards,
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

My fiancé and I stayed here for 4D3N, and we loved every minute of it. I actually found this gem of a hotel here at TripAdvisor when I was not very satisfied with the hotel transfer rate of another hotel in Busuanga (PHP 1000/person each way! Gee, that will make it PHP 4000 for the two of us to and from the hotel! XD) I was relieved to learn that the Westown offers only PHP 150/person for the transfer, so my fiancé immediately cancelled our previous booking with that hotel and booked here, instead.

Truth be told, this hotel is NOT near the Coron town, and calling a tricycle to bring you to the town centre can cost PHP 100 (they can fit as much as 7 people in it! ☺) compared to the rate of PHP 20/person from the town to the hotel. BUT, we liked it this way, as it was not too busy, and really, with the sound of water gushing through its pools, it makes for a good relaxing on a warm day.

The pools are its highlights, so make it a point to have enough time for you to enjoy them. The pool boys are really nice and accommodating, and there's no need for you to bring your towels from the room. Just don your swim wear, and ask for towels from them! Be wary of ants, though, when you have a drink and some snacks. Leave them on the table for too long, and you will see them enjoying your food and drink.

We had a room with a view of the pool, and since it was in a high-level floor, we also had a breath-taking view of the mountains. At night, we relaxed with a glass of wine each while listening to the music from downstairs, amidst the gush of the waters. Believe me, staying here is an experience for itself! ♥

Internet access is free at the cafe, the lobby, and on its business centre, even if it's a bit slow. It's okay, remember, you went to Coron to escape the hustle and bustle of the city ;) If you must have access even while on your room, better time your stay at the hotel and your trips and tours all around Coron - it's PHP 100 for 12 hrs and PHP 200 for 24 hours. Although, my fiancé has had issues accessing it, but I could use it - he has an iPhone 5, while I have an Android phone.

The food is a bit on the expensive side, IMO, but good. So, try having dinner here for one night, and take a tricycle and explore other restaurants in town. ☺

It just was a bit stressful at one point - when hotel personnel would always greet us: are you part of the cancelled flight? WOAH. You see, we have an important appointment the day after we arrive in Manila, so we just CAN'T miss it. So, we can't help but worry about it... Apparently, flights are being cancelled due to visibility issues caused by the sunset, so if you are booking a flight now, PLEASE BOOK A FLIGHT SCHEDULE BEFORE APPROX 3 PM. You'll thank me for it that later ;)

So, if you got the luxury of time and money (course, this is the BEST hotel in Coron, hands-down), stay here. Buy yourself some wine and kick your shoes off in the end of the day. Believe me, you will enjoy it. x

Room Tip: Rooms with a good view may cost a bit more, but they are worth it.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

We booked into this hotel because it looked the newest in the area. The rooms were furnished nicely but ours smelt of mould and when we asked them to check they came and sprayed freshened rather than shift us. The service was polite and the food was ok. We found that the staff had trouble understanding us and communication was average, I wasn't sure if they understood our requests some of the time. This was compared to other places we had stayed where we could communicate better. Our safe played up and we couldn't get it open again. A staff member was meant to get someone to help but no one arrived. In the end after an hour we tried the safe again and it opened. It you book a tric from the hotel we were told it would cost 100peso per person so we elected to flag one of the road which cost 25 peso instead. Their island hop tours are also more than double what it costs in town. The pools are very nice and they provide beach towels which was great. All in all it was adequate for the area.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

From the other reviews I have read, it seems that the hotel staff have already learned from their past mistakes...at least the majority of it, I suppose.

Everyone was so accommodating and the staff immediately attended to our needs. Housekeeping was able to promptly set up the extra bed in our room. Maintenance came shortly after I asked for one, to check on the shower door that wouldn't close.

I love the spacousness of the room and bath area. The toilet had several hooks and towel racks, plus a clothes line to dry bathing suits. And there's another clothes line on the veranda!!! ;)

The food is reasonably priced, so we did not have to leave the hotel to eat elsewhere. Food during the buffet dinner and breakfast may be limited but the taste is alright. The appetizers (specifically the cheese sticks and fries) are great for pica-pica at the poolside! You just have to have them covered with cling wrap or anything to keep the flies (at daytime) away. Other than that, I would say that it's a hotel worth staying in to relax while away from the hustle and bustle of city life.

• Stayed January 2014
WengCheng, Admin-OIC at Coron Westown Resort, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to write an enthusiastic review about your recent stay with us.
It is pleasing to know how much you enjoyed your stay and was satisfied with the services we render. The Restaurant consistently provides food of good quality and taste as well as value for money. This satisfaction is very important for us and I will be glad to share your comments with the entire staff.
We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,
Basel, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

We booked a 3 nights stayed in this Hotel. The Hotel itself is nice! The rooms are spacious, the pools are nice. But the staff are quite poor! The Service is just terrible , if you ask for help nothing will happen! Badly trained in General , from Front Desk to the Breakfast staff! . My daughter got ill during our stay, I asked the front Desk to help me find a doctor, hours after nothing happened and when I called they just told me . . . . oh We didn't find a doctor! just one example of bad Service. Breakfast . . . 8 or more People working in the Restaurants but they are all Standing around, we have to wave them each time we Need something.
The cleanliness of this Hotel is also terrible, during our 4 days stayed, we noticed on the stairs dirt on the same spot not clean, on the Dining area you see hairs on the floor. The lift was also disgusting you see Hand prints all over and the smell is just faulty. When you go out of the Hotel you see trash all over and it's been there for days .
I hope this Hotel could improve their Service rather sooner than later.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Coron Westown Resort? Share your experiences!