“A clean place to stay in Coron” 4 of 5 stars

Micasa Lodge
National Highway, | Barangay 1, Coron,, Palawan Island, Philippines   |
Ranked #15 of 41 Coron B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“A clean place to stay in Coron”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

I booked Micasa Lodge based on Trip Advisor reviews. Stayed here for 3 days while the hotel was celebrating its first year anniversary before staying in another hotel in Busuanga. Clean place in middle of town near the shops, restaurants and the port where the boats take off for island hopping. No landline phones in town so the staff will knock at your door. Wifi connection slow inside the room. Breakfast is good but not exceptional. Friendly staff will attend to your needs with a smile. Beach towels are for a fee of 50 pesos each. Tricycle ride is 10 pesos per person. Power outages happen daily in. Coron but this hotel has backup generator. Will definitely recommend this hotel and will stay again. Good value for money.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

29 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Me and my girlfriend went to Coron last Sep 12-14 and had the best time there! Micasa Lodge enhanced the experience with their clean and modern rooms plus friendly and efficient staff. One highlight was we were having a few beers at the opposite hotel but they ran out of ice. I cant drink beer without ice! I called up Micasa to have ice delivered and in less than 5 mins, a bagful of ice was delivered to me. I will no longer mention the name of the hotel that ran out of ice but shame on them and Well done for Micasa Lodge!

Room Tip: Get the one on the same level with the front desk (2nd floor) that's where the wifi comes from s...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there for 4 days. Rooms were clean and modern though a bit tight, but i just find it ok for the price. The bathrooms clean, modern, with water heater. Change of linen daily. Comes with free breakfast. Service is not so bad. Close to the restos in town. Overall, its worth the money we paid for.

• Stayed August 2013
Dubaidubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed in Micasa's Ruby Room (6 pax) as i was travelling with my siblings. The room is spacious enough for us and the bathroom is clean (which is my number 1 concern before booking a room!).

Staff are all nice and polite.
Location is in the middle of the town - walking distance to most restaurants, stores and shop.
The jetty port (wherein all tours start) is nearby and one tricycle away from the hotel.
Free wifi in the lobby but we were able to get signal in our room (we stayed in 302).
Breakfast is also complimentary; a la carte basis and the night before they will ask you for your order.

All in all it was a nice experience and you will not notice that you paid less as they have 5 star service!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Makati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

For me cleanliness is the most important factor. That's why I choosed Micasa and I was satisfied with the staying. Staffs were very nice and hotel was clean, quiet. Micasa is definitely reasonable hotel :) the only defect was the room was wet. Pls improve your fan system for more fresh rooms..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Phu quoc, Viet nam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We stay here for 4 days, so nice when we have welcome drink, helpful staffs, great view at rooftop cafe, good free breakfast, what should we ask for more? Will back next year with my family and Micasa is my first choice

• Stayed September 2013
Luzon, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and i spent our 5th anniversary in coron, and i chose micasa because of their nice room lay out and affordable rates.. I had a smooth transaction with them from the inquiry to reservations, to van tranfers, to check in and check out.. At first, i thought the crews are snubbish, but when i started greeting and smiling at them, i realized that they were just shy and a little intimidated, but once you start a conversation with them, the palawan values would come out.. I was satisfied with the room.. The bathroom was big.. It was clean when we arrived.. The noise from the trikes are contained.. We never experienced any cut in the electricity during our 4 days stay, even when there are black outs all over town.. They will make up your room by request.. Cabinet is big, that's a plus for me. The bed is big and comfy.. Nice design.. The only not so good thing i noticed, the towels and pillowcases have the smell that it was not dried properly.. A little downy will do the trick i guess haha... Beach towels have 50 peso rental/towel, if u are having trips for 3 days and u need beach towels, just rent one time and let it dry at the balcony, just ask for clothes rack, u can then use it for 3 days for just 50 pesos.. I salute their housekeeping for being so honest.. We deliberately hid a five peso coin under a paper that is for trash before we requested for housekeeping, when we came back it was still there placed on a table for us to see... This lodge passed our test with pride =)... Plus the houseping staff designed our bed so nicely during the day of our anniversary, she/he made the word "LOVE" out of our bath towels on the bed.. We loved it! also the breakfast is great! The food and the view from the roof top... I have seen corto del mar which they said was nice, i saw their rooms, it smelled as if no one was there for years.. I did not like it.. I'd rather stay in Micasa... I will definitely come back again.. And again.. And again! God bless you Micasa..

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Micasa Lodge? Share your experiences!