“Not just for the delicious food.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 36 Restaurants in Coron
Cuisines: International
Panglao Island, Philippines
“Not just for the delicious food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Some of our colleagues heard about Kokie Restaurant and that we have given a try. The Swiss owner, is very welcoming. He introduced the great food they serve and talked about the Island. While looking at their menu, chilled beer is a must first. :D Food they served is really masarap and it doesn't take for too long to be served. We are all 5 in the group and everyone was satisfied with the meals we ate and leave the plate empty. We had chitchat with the owner and the staff. They gave us suggestions of some food to eat (Filipino food and style). I am the only Pinoy in the group and my German friends were intrigued bout it and that we decided to come back again....The night has come, everybody are exited for the food (Me? not really I have eaten all of it! :P I am just so exited on how would they react on it). The food was almost ready when we arrived. Steamed Okra, fried eggplant, Lato, ampalaya, itlog na maalat with camates, tinola, and lot more. I don't think, they have it on their menu. They cooked it specially for us. Wow! Everybody are curious and tried the food on the table. We ate it in a Filipino way, "salu-salu". We have enjoyed every chew we had... The food itself is delicious plus with the very accommodating couple/owner and staff, it sums up to a very delicious food and excellent one! That night, was not the end of our time at Kokie, we had our last dinner there before leaving Coron.

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Absolutely the best restaurant in Coron!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I live in Coron and we just recently found this restaurant and WOW we are now addicted. Not only are the staff wonderful, they always look after our 10 month old while we eat, the food is incredible and the most diverse in Coron. A mixture of Filipino, Thai, Indian and Indonesian cuisine. Last night my wife had the Indian chicken curry and I had the Indonesian Beef Rendang and it was beautiful. We also complemented the meal with the rock lobster, the best priced in town at 330 peso for 400 grams which worked out to be 3 reasonably sized ones. On that note the restaurant is also the best value v's quality in town. Very high quality and low prices. I cannot recommend this place enough and we are so happy that we have found it. Hope you enjoy it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Muntinlupa, Philippines
“a gourmets dream...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

i met the chef Daniel and he was Swiss married to a local...Lunch was great. we had curried veggies and crab claws with chutney. But dinner was the best!
Stewed wild boar in red wine!

Visited September 2011
Luzon, Philippines
“Hidden Suprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

My hubby and i stayed in Coron for 10days, by chance we stayed in Kokie lodge and restaurantl, because we coundnt find anything more decent for that day, the room was not nice. They have a small restaurant on the second floor, we were tired to look around so we took our chances even the room was dissapointing. We were pleasantly surprise by the outstanding quality of the foods. The place is run by a Swiss gentleman and his Filipina wife. They baked delicious rye bread and serve it as complimentary. I ordered sauteed tiger prawns, it was really made good, fresh and big portions. For ten days of staying Coron town, we tried almost all restaurants around but the foods in Kookie was outstanding. So we returned several times and enjoyed all the meals we had.

• Visited April 2012