After arriving in Coron, we came across Seadive, and decided it looked okay for dinner (as there were many people there).
Service was slow and uninviting, but I’ve come to learn that this is to be expected in Palawan.
I ordered the Chicken Cacciatore, which was actually 1/2 a chicken breast covered in canned tomato sauce with an olive thrown in.
Visually uninspired and unskilled, I ate it anyway.
Upon leaving the restaurant, I started feeling terrible. I was sweating and my stomach was upset. What followed was a terrible bout of food poisoning that kept me in my hotel room for 3 days.
To Seadive's credit, my partner ordered a similar chicken dish and was absolutely fine. However, there’s no doubt that my chicken was spoiled. It was my first meal of a very long day, and I felt ill immediately after dinner.
Food Poisoning aside: Seadive was just dark and dated. Our bottled water was served with a peeled off label, which looked questionable. There was certainly an absence of server initiative… as we had to ask for everything from a menu to someone to pick up the bill.
Definitely save your stomach and AVOID this place.
If you own or manage Seadive, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.