“Left with Food Poisoning: Ruined 3 first days of the trip” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Philippine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
SouthEast Asia
“Left with Food Poisoning: Ruined 3 first days of the trip”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

After arriving in Coron, we came across Seadive, and decided it looked okay for dinner (as there were many people there).

Service was slow and uninviting, but I’ve come to learn that this is to be expected in Palawan.

I ordered the Chicken Cacciatore, which was actually 1/2 a chicken breast covered in canned tomato sauce with an olive thrown in.

Visually uninspired and unskilled, I ate it anyway.

Upon leaving the restaurant, I started feeling terrible. I was sweating and my stomach was upset. What followed was a terrible bout of food poisoning that kept me in my hotel room for 3 days.

To Seadive's credit, my partner ordered a similar chicken dish and was absolutely fine. However, there’s no doubt that my chicken was spoiled. It was my first meal of a very long day, and I felt ill immediately after dinner.

Food Poisoning aside: Seadive was just dark and dated. Our bottled water was served with a peeled off label, which looked questionable. There was certainly an absence of server initiative… as we had to ask for everything from a menu to someone to pick up the bill.

Definitely save your stomach and AVOID this place.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Kintbury, United Kingdom
“Sea dive? More like absolute dive! ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

If your British and craving a sweaty kebab you might enjoy the burrito here. I on the other hand, had flash backs of drunk journeys home in a taxi chomping on a wrap of nasty cheap ingredients. My fiancé ordered the carbonara which quite frankly tasted and looked like burnt burger sauce mixed with what could possibly be the cheapest processed ingredients to hand. It was our first night in Coron and we thought this looked like a safe bet. If only we'd looked on trip advisor prior to our visit. The service was slow and each item ordered came out one at a time. The menu also consists of diving and boat trip packages. You can find these for half the price on the main road.

Perth, Australia
“Over rated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Its sad as we heard many people say that they had a great feed here. When we where there we had a table of 12 and it seemed like to much of a hassle for them, Food was incredibly slow and so where the drinks. Not helped by the fact that the staff where more interesting in doing shots and getting drunk. We think it may have been their Xmas party. Other people went for lunch and breakfast and said that the service was better. Maybe we just caught them on a bad day?

Visited December 2013
Manila, Philippines
“Perfect location but poor service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I stayed here for 3 days.. Very poor internet connection that can only be accessed at the lobby, restaurant and in some part in 2nd floor. Poor restaurant service. You have to wait for almost half an hour for your food. And oh I will never forget their seafood marinara, not a bunch of seafoods in there, just squids and a little amount of clams and shrimps, and their marinara sauce tastes aweful! However the location is perfect! Waking up with a beautiful sunrise that you can see at the balcony., or take your breakfast in their restaurant facing the bay. Very accessible from the town proper and the public market as well. Police station just a few meters away from the hotel..

Visited December 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Don't waste a meal here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

I can't find anything good to say about this place, and it is unfortunate that I have to write a bad review, however, the food taste was just so bad I wanted to warn others not to waste any of their meals here when visiting Coron.
Both my hubby and I were brought up to always finis our food, but the tuna sour soup we ordered was SO disgustingly fishy and not fresh we just couldn't bring ourselves to take another spoonful (and the hubby LOVES his sour soup and had it at pretty much every meal in Coron, pork, fish and shrimp soup, but he just couldn't finish or even eat half here - he'd rather go hungry!).
The reason for the 2 stars instead of 1 is because staff were ok and the lobster I ordered was...edible at best; the food was so SO disappointing :(

Visited November 2013