“Modest place with very helpful hosts” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Patrik & Tezz Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coron
Patrik & Tezz Guesthouse
You added Patrik & Tezz Guesthouse to your Saves list
Coastalroad, Brgy 5, Palawan Island Coastalroad, 5316, Philippines   |
Ranked #1 of 46 Coron B&B and Inns
vancouver
“Modest place with very helpful hosts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Coron is a pretty sleepy town where the most happening thing to do is karaoke on the weekends or drink beers by the hot springs, so staying at a small hostel like this one is really all you need. Almost everything you'll want to do in Coron is during the day and one boat ride away. The place was home to some people on short stays like myself, a few others doing their Master Diver certifications, and of others who seem to keep coming back to this town and lodging regularly.

The hosts were very helpful and everyone staying there were quite open for chats about anything you'd like. The hosts helped me figure out anything I'd need in town or secure a boat or dive shop. The place is located right on the water and the buildings are all very close to one another so don't expect to sleep very late. The advantage of course if you're just a few steps away from your boat ride.

The room was clean and a reasonable size. Security seemed good and the location is just in the lower part of the main town. Make sure to ask to hosts for anything you'd need.

Room Tip: The shuttle bus driver that took me there from the airport wasn't familiar with the place so ple...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Can only agree with all the other reviewers that Patrik and Tezz are genuinely friendly and great people who happen to run a nice little guesthouse in Coron. We were lucky enough to celebrate Christmas with them with real Swedish Christmas food, a once in a lifetime experience to enjoy herrings and salmon in 30 degrees heat (usually its -10C in Sweden!).

The guesthouse is real great value but has limited vacancy, make sure to book in advance!

Room Tip: We had the new rooms by the minipool outside which were a bit hot during the Dec nights, don't k...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Haikou, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

This was an outstanding place to stay in Coron. We stayed 7 nights and felt at home. The owners are incredibly hospitable, the rooms are clean and it was located off the main drag, so the noise level is reasonable. Book in advance and then sit back and enjoy the sunset, pool and company!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Not typically a huge fan of checking in at guesthouses, but my stay at Patrik & Tezz's was so pleasant I think I might just return! Not much else I can add to previous reviews--but I'll just say that both Patrik and Tezz were extremely helpful not only with providing excellent accommodations but also with helping plan out our 3-4 days in Coron with strong recommendations concerning what to see and what to skip.

Bathrooms, common room, and guest rooms were very clean without sacrificing homey-ness for hotel sterility. Other guests were laid back and good humored. Wifi strong (using it now, in fact).

A really fantastic place to stay. I commend it to you.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

I was lucky enough to turn up without a booking and get a room for five nights, but I would advise to book ahead to avoid disappointment. I have traveled extensively through SE Asia and this is one of the best guest houses it have found. For the price it is unbeatable and you feel at home and relaxed in no time. Yes, it can be a little noisy in the neighbourhood, but this is Asia, everywhere is noisy - so you will have some earplugs already packed if you are a light sleeper.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

So I stayed there back in September and was probably the worst guest they've ever had. I broke the sink with my butt as I turned in the shower. Then I left the next morning in a hurry to get to SCUBA without telling them. I wanted a room with a private bath because i drink a lot of water. Ended up not finding a rat-free private bathroom in coron so was back to shared bath anyways.
Long story short I made up with Patrcik later on cus i felt really bad. He forgave me like a champ and now we're friends. I have stayed in 5 or 6 budget places in coron and this ranks at number 1! When i come back to scuba again i will not even think of staying anywhere else but here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Marikina, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

A charming architecture of the guesthouse which I really liked about is their native style of walls. We stayed their for 2 nights, the place is like my home which i really want during vacation there is a communal television with cable you can use it whenever you want just like home! cool! Also if you don't feel like going out for swimming there is also a pool inside this guesthouse which is a cool idea for those people who wants to have a rest day after an island tour the next day. People where very friendly, polite and humble. WiFi working!! unlike other guest houses it seems like they do no want to share their WiFi.. They make sure that their guest are comfortable. Their bathroom is really nice and clean with hot and cold showers. Love it. Thanks to you guys We really enjoyed our stay there.. we feel like we are family. more power i miss coron..

Room Tip: Choose Patrik and tess guesthouse you will love to stay there for your vacation 100% sure!! Like we...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Patrik & Tezz Guesthouse? Share your experiences!