“The Best $10 you"ll ever spend” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Patrik & Tezz Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coron
Patrik & Tezz Guesthouse
You added Patrik & Tezz Guesthouse to your Saves list
Coastalroad, Brgy 5, Palawan Island Coastalroad, 5316, Philippines   |
Ranked #1 of 46 Coron B&B and Inns
manila philippines
“The Best $10 you"ll ever spend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

This is where we stayed for two nights in Coron Palawan.The main consider was of course the price.At roughly $10 per room per night, what more can you ask for.Since Coron is to be enjoyed with island hopping which means you are out in Coron Island the whole day. We did so for two consecutive days so PATRICK & TEZZ GUESTHOUSE was definitely the practical way to go.

Patrick, the owner, is a Swedish married to a Filipina and he the one who personally manages the guesthouse along with their family friend Cindy.He was there to welcome us when we came and he easily shared his personal stories to is.He is such a warm and talkative guy.

What's good about Patrick is that he also manages their website and he is always online so he is always ready to reply to your queries.I was never worried about our reservation coz he helped me along the way.All it requires is a 10% deposit via bank and everything was good to go.

He is one who doesn't take advantage of his guests.There were originally four of us so we booked for two rooms. Another one decided to join us on the last minute so I coordinate the matter with Patrick should three people fit in one room or should we need to book another one. He suggested we just pay for extra person (for only 150php per night) as one of the rooms we book has an extra bed.Nice.

We booked for two rooms.There are only two room types at Patrick&Tezz with one being TWIN BED ROOM with two single beds (for non-couples, 500php per night) and another room being DOUBLE BED ROOM with one queen size bed (for couples) and bunk bed for an extra person ---600php per night and extra person costs 150php for a total of 750php for a room for three pax.Now that's what I call good value.

Rooms are non-airconditioned and bath is shared.Beds are comfortable and I have no complaints about cleanliness as the sheets are well kept.Towels are provided but breakfast is not included.

The main challenge when staying ag Patrick&Tezz, the area is located off the main road so one should walk a kilometer or so before one could reach decent restaurants to dine in.There are a couple of sari-sari stores and ukay-ukay stores along the way though and walking back and forth could be less of a hassle in our case coz we were in Coron as a group.Walking around served as additional bonding time for us.

Coron town is a walkable place so hiking around is mo biggie.Except that it was rainy during our entire stay so it was a bit uncomfortable.We had to take tricycle often to avoid getting wet.

Cindy, the other caretaker who deals with the guests most of the time is nice.She will make you feel comfortable with her bubbly personality and a smile that is always on her face. She is very helpful.Arranging for a boat to hire for your island hopping or simply arrange for standard tours.She volunteered to contact a van for us during our departure so everything was easy. She even joined us in our drinking session in the guesthouse on our first night.She was really fun to chat with.We were laughing all the time with her funny jokes.

That's what I love about this guesthouse, yoy can easily move around coz you feel at home.The relax mood in the house because of not so many restrictions makes you feel at ease. The outhouse living room (is there such?) was my favorite hangout. Whether it's waiting for your turn at the john, smoking, having coffee, drinking beer or simply chillin, there is my favorite spot.

I soooooo love the place!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I had a fantastic trip to Coron thanks in no small part to my delightful accomodations. Patrik, Tezz and Mama Ely are all incredibly gracioius hosts, and make you feel welcome. They also know Coron well, and can help you make any bookings or other arrangements you might need. It's not fancy, but unlike most places in this price range, it's kept perfectly clean. Its an unpretentious little place, but an incredible value, and well deserving of all the glowing reviews they've garnered on this site! Look at the pictures, think before you book, but if you're not looking for 5* amenities, you won't be disappointed. Again, a warm thank you to the whole staff, and if (when) I'm back in Coron, this would definitely be the first place I'd try to book.

Room Tip: My room was fine, but I might try to book a room in the main house building.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

We made a long term commitment in visiting coron atleast once a year. Aside from the breath taking view of the islands and amazing dive spots, it is always the people and the place we stay in that we consider. From the first time we visited coron, we immediately fell in love in this place and the people. Tita Ely and 'bunso' who welcomed us made us feel at home right from the start. That's the time we know we did not make a mistake in choosing to stay here. The homey and cozy rooms are very clean and well maintained. If you are looking for a calm and serene place to stay and relax, choose this place. It is also near their public market, dive shops and restaurants that makes it easier for travelers like us.
Aside from that, owners of this guest house have contacts to 'bangkeros' (boat men) you can rent for island hopping and dive shops to recommend, and van to rent for your travel back to the airport. That being said, it is surely a stress free stay as they make sure their guests are well treated and not being ripped off by other people.
In a very cheap price, you surely can get more than what you expected while staying at this guest house. I will be looking forward to our stay here next year!

• Stayed October 2013
Manila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Our trip to Coron was fantastic thank you to Patrik and Tezz guesthouse. This was my second trip by plane and I was amazed how the owner warmly welcome us upon arrival. They are all great and you wouldn't feel that you are an outsider. They will treat you as a family. From the start they have provided us a great experience by promptly answering our inquiries via email and we were surprised that it is Patrik who is replying to us personally and gave us options to make our trip to Coron memorable at the same time affordable. Their guesthouse is fantastic, quite simple yet very comfortable.

The location is near to restaurants, wet market to buy stuff's etc. What I really love is everytime we arrive they are always there to welcome you have a chat how's the trip and so on and so forth. Also they have an adorable cat that they named Daddy Cat. Even their pet is very friendly so we enjoy hanging out with their pet.

Overall it was a great experience staying with them and will recommend it to more people so they will enjoy their travel.

Thank you again Patrik and Tezz Guesthouse!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Pasig, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I just checked out from the guesthouse earlier today. Staying in Patrik &Tezz Guesthouse feels like home. Tita Ely and Bunso were there to accomodate and helped me arranged my day tour and even the airport transfer. Patrik was very patient to answer all my questions before my arrival. It was a pleasant stay in Coron. Walking distance to public market, souvenir shops and eateries yet you can still enjoy the serenity of the place. Less noise from motorcycles and busy streets of the town.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
pasig
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Very affordable and very convenient. The guesthouse is just a few minutes away (5-15minute walk - well it depends if you're a fast walkers like us) from the Public market and eateries. The rooms are comfortable and clean. Toilets are clean. I love their outdoor porch where you can have your breakfast and hang-out with the owners (Mama Ely, Patrik & Tezz) and staffs. They are very accommodating and will gladly help you if you need anything.

I would also like to mention "Daddy Cat", their very cute and fluffy cat. :) I really love touching his soft furs :))

It was a very fun and memorable experience and I would definitely recommend this place to my friends and colleagues.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Affordable room accommodation. excellent service, very friendly, easy access location. clean bed room, toilet & shower. delicious breakfast. & they arrange tour for us. most important for me is the WiFi. hehe

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Patrik & Tezz Guesthouse? Share your experiences!