“Stay here when in Coron” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Patrik & Tezz Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coron
Patrik & Tezz Guesthouse
You added Patrik & Tezz Guesthouse to your Saves list
Coastalroad, Brgy 5, Palawan Island Coastalroad, 5316, Philippines   |
Ranked #1 of 46 Coron B&B and Inns
On the road
“Stay here when in Coron”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Really great, comfortable, exceptionally clean. Pat and Tezz are very friendly and they will do anything to help you. If you have time to chat to them it's a great way to spend an evening. We stayed for more than 8 days and couldn't have asked for a better place. Highly recommended!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Las Pinas, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

When you’re traveling backpacker style (with a very limited budget), a luxurious hotel is definitely out of the question. So for my solo travel last May 2012 to Coron, Palawan, I booked a room with them. Patrik and Tezz Guesthouse offers basic needs for backpackers: a bed, shower (with heater) and towels. The owners, couple Patrik and Tezz, and Tita Ely were just the warmest hosts. They helped me with all my questions on where to go, what to do, where to book my island hopping, and just about anything. Plus, they’ve got Wi-Fi! If you need a clean, private, quiet, and affordable place to stay in Coron, this place is highly recommended.

I went back to Coron with my boyfriend this January 2013 and stayed with them again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed at Patrik & Tezz's place for three nights in early January and felt like I could stay there forever! The house is made of all bamboo and wood, stretching out into the water just outside the main centre of town. The rooms are a good size and quite basic but has everything you need - good beds, electric fan, window, mirror etc. The bathroom is shared between the five rooms but I found this not to be a problem - the shower is fine, even has hot water when there isn't a brownout (haven't had many hot showers in the Philippines!). Everything is really clean and comfortable. There is a lounging area with sofas and a TV, hot water, drinking water and some reading material. Outside on the front porch are a couple of tables and chairs, perfect for relaxing with a book, having a drink or chatting.

By far the best thing about Patrik & Tezz's are Patrik and Tezz themselves, along with the whole family that run the place. They are so incredibly friendly and are really happy to help with anything - Tezz went totally out her way to arrange two days of snorkeling and trips around the islands as well as recommending fun things to do, places to eat etc... I was actually waiting for friends who were stuck in El Nido for a few days so Tezz straight away organised me to join on a couple of trips with two other guys staying at the guesthouse. The friendliness and attitude of everyone really enhanced my whole experience of Coron.

Price-wise I paid 450php per night for a twin room, which I think is excellent value for money. I didn't go on the packaged trip but did very similar things and would say its definitely good value - if I was more organised I would've done that! I stayed at another place when my friends arrived and ended up paying more for less comforts and personality, so for the budget traveller I'd highly recommend Patrik & Tezz's.

Overall it was the perfect place for me, I really enjoyed my stay and met some really lovely people - my experience of Coron would never have been the same! In fact I enjoyed it so much that it prompted me to write my first ever tripadvisor review, so that probably says something.

Room Tip: There is one room that shares a wall with the bathroom/shower, but I didn't hear any complaints...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Gothenburg, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I arrived at Patrik and Tess's beautiful guesthouse in December to find a really welcoming, relaxed and comfortable accomodation. The Guest house though in the centre, lies off the main street in Coron so you don't get the noise from the mopeds It is also overlooking the water which is a bonus as the views are breathtaking.
There is an amazing outside social area where you are able to relax take a beer and enjoy being in the shade, and as the sun goes down over the mountains you are able to enjoy the romantic settings with soft lights which invites you to sit back and relax with other guests, friends and even Partik and Tess themselves.
The rooms are clean and comfortable with a personal touch to make you feel as though you are in your own room and if you want you are able to get a hot shower which is brilliant (even though a cold one is just fine).
Both Tess and Patik made us feel at home and were fantastic hosts who made us feel as though we were more like friends visiting than unknown guests. They gave us advice and help and suggestions on what to do, where to go and how to get there which was refreshingly nice after we experienced problems with the boat to El Nido not departing. We were even lucky enough to spend Christmas with them which was amazing and very special, also the food was soooooooo good (thanks Tess's Mum)
The guest house is one of the best I have been to for value for money and I will definately go back to stay if I am in Coron again.
Tess, Partik, Cindy and Tess's Mum made our experience in Coron unforgettable and I hope others are as lucky as we were to stay with them.

Room Tip: We were 3 some shared the same room which was perfect.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
shanghai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My family stayed here for 6 nights last month and found it to be comfortable, clean, well located and run by a very friendly and helpful family - Patrik, Tezz, Cindy and their mum. We enlisted their help to arrange laundry, book a private boat tour for the day and took on board their recommendation of a dive company (Rocksteady). All were brilliant. The amenities are basic but include a small TV room which the kids utilised and a great deck overlooking the neighbourhood. As our stay was 6 nights they offered clean linen on demand which was appreciated. We really enjoyed Coron and their hospitality and hope to return soon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

patrik & tezz are cool couple~ nice, considering and easy-going, also everyone else in the guesthouse.

it has only 5 rooms, not big but enough for staying. clean, comfort beds, no mosquito or bugs, cool enough with fan, and even a little cold in the morning coz it's build by bamboo upon water. there are two shared-bathrooms, since there wont be too many people in the room, the bathrooms cannot be a problem. the house is not sound-proved but anyway you hear happy noise, different from the annoying noise in big cities, and other bamboo houses built upon the water seems no difference on this factor.

the point is, it is so cheap as a comfortable place with wifi and hot shower. me , my husband, my friend, we 3 people stay in the house for 4days, and we did the package they offer, it really worth, a save of money and energy, you dont have to worry about anything, Tezz just arrange everything for you. all you have to do is to pay in advance and then enjoy the boat, the sunshine, the beach and the coral! breakfast and lunch are good and you can ask for food you like.

the pets in the house are sooooo lovely btw. my friend dose not like cat but she adores the daddy cat haha~

we also joined their Swedish christmas party for a while, real happy and fun! we are definitely coming back to coron and to their guesthouse.

强烈推荐这家~超便宜,够干净,关键是有热水有wifi。房间不大但是也够用,大床房有一张大床一张上下铺,可以睡3-4个人,才550p,小床房是两张单人床,450p。床很舒服。枕芯比较旧,介意的可以用衣服枕。不过我第一天不想用,到了第二天浮潜什么的玩累了就不想那么多了。。。睡舒服就行。

店主人非常好,是一对瑞典夫妇,很能干,什么事情都帮你安排好。我们三人住了四天,定了他家的package,是包船,算了价格下来感觉很值的,什么都不用操心,还省钱。package之外如果你有其他要求他们都可以给你安排.。早餐和午餐也包含在内,味道不错哦~还可以自己要求要吃什么,他们会尽量满足。

房子是竹子和木板搭在水上的,可以体验一下,挺有趣的。而且没有蚊子,也不热,到了凌晨反而还有点冷。虽然隔音效果不怎么好,不过也没有什么很烦人的噪音,只是在房里说话隔壁的人能听到。特别推荐很多人一起出去玩的过去住,基本可以包下他家的整个house,住起来就相当舒服,loft似的。

店里有一只猫一只狗,都很亲人,很可爱。认识了他家的主人和宠物之后就感觉特别亲切,以后肯定会再去coron再去他家住的~

Room Tip: Room E (double) and Room A (twin) seem quieter coz away from other neighbors. but makes no big diffe...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We stayed (a group of 3 friends) at Patrik & Tezz in late November..
We did the 4 day, 3 night package.. & believe me you SHOULD take the package.. It would save you money, time & headach of looking for places worth visiting & guides to take you there..

At Patrik & Tezz you'll feel home..
The place is all clean & neat.. And there is always someone around to help you..
If I ever regret something, it's that we only stayed there for 3 nights :(

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Patrik & Tezz Guesthouse? Share your experiences!