“Memory for life” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Busuanga Seadive Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coron
Busuanga Seadive Resort
Seadive Resort Pier, Palawan Island 5316, Philippines   |
Ranked #10 of 18 Specialty lodging in Coron
“Memory for life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I took my open water certification at this seadive resort with Vince, and it was amazing! After the first day I actually chose not to complete my open water course but after seeing Vince dive with my friends I change my mind and continued the course. Best decision ever, Vince is an amazing instructor and he took very good care of me. The restaurant has the best view over the water and they serve really good tuna! Really cosy place, I loved it there!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

169 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Korean first
The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This review and my five star rating relate only to the excellent dive course offered by Seadive and their instructor Vincent van Kerkhoven. The same does not apply to the rooms unfortunately, which I considered average to mediocre.

After doing two adventure dives in El Nido, I decided to do the Open Water Course at Seadive. I was quoted a reasonable price for the OWC, compared to prices in El Nido in particular which was quite a bit more for the course and materials. I couldn't have asked for a better instructor than Vincent. We were a group of three students in total, but he made sure to give everyone the attention they needed. To me it felt like having a personal instructor. Vincent was very knowledgeable on both diving techniques and the dive sites we visited. He was also very patient. I was having some ear squeeze problems but we were able to remedy that by trying different techniques Vincent explained.

As a Belgian national, Vincent is fluent in English and a native Dutch speaker. During this trip I have done a total of 13 dives in El Nido, Coron, Cebu, Bohol and Malapascua, all with Filipino instructors and dive masters, except for my OWC with Vincent. I was generally impressed by both the local knowledge and teaching abilities of my Filipino guides. Their command of English was often basic, but adequate for a fun dive. However, I found that having an instructor like Vincent that speaks English fluently does make a big difference, especially when doing the OWC. It helps if someone explains techniques, rules and backgrounds in a language you both understand well. If you speak Dutch, even better.

In short, I highly recommend diving at Seadive with Vincent, but ask for a discounted rate for the room if you do decide to stay.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Male
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had an amazing diving experience in Coron. This is my first time to do a wreck dive so I'm a little bit scared especially when he is describing the ship - dark , too dark and deep :) plus I'm congested. I have difficulties equalizing but Nico was very patient on me when going down and I'm really grateful for that.

Thanks Nico!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We really enjoyed staying at this resort in combination with a open water dive course. The rooms are really simple, but clean and it feels good to come home after a day of diving lessons and just to go up and take a shower and after relax at the restaurant. The whole diving experience was awesome as well. We did it in three days, of which we could enjoy 2 dives a day at beautiful reefs, shipwrecks and in a lake where you can experience by feeling the difference between colder and warm water up to 38 degrees. I would definitely recommend to take a diving course at Sea Dive. The instructors are friendly and professional and if you like a variety of dives. This is the place to be!

Room Tip: We had an room with A/C, I would not want to have a room without, because Philippines can be very ho...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hifa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

I did my open water and adveance course at seadive in coron, with instarctur name vince. He is very serious, responsible, experienced, and care about your success during the course. I learned for him so much. The best guide! Very recommended!!! It was amazing!!

• Stayed May 2014
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Lively place right on the pier, with everything you could need close by - restaurant, dive shop, boat tours, nightclub. Unfortunately the rooms sit on top of the night club (you can actually see into it through the cracks in the floor) and the place is loud!
We also paid a premium for a "deluxe air con room" only to find that it didnt work, and the staff had no interest in us complaining about it.
It makes a good first impression but you'll struggle to have a decent sleep here, and the staff are more interested in each other than being at all helpful, either in the hotel or restaurant.
There are much better places in Coron for less.

• Stayed May 2014
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

I didn't stay at this resort so the review is only about the diving. Have to say that it was a disappointing experience. I booked a one day tour and was informed that it would be one review and two dives to wreeks. I the end I ended only getting thr review and one wreek dive. The other was changed to a really boring lake. When I complained about it I was told that going to the second wreek was too far and would cost too much in diesel. But I wished the would have informed me about this change of plans before going so I could have found another divecenter to take me wreekdiving. I was really disappointed and even though the gave me a refund that doesn't change that it was a bad experience and kind of waste of time. So if you want to see wreeks I suggested that you get it on paper before agreeing on anything or just find another company.

Stayed May 2014

Been to Busuanga Seadive Resort? Share your experiences!