“Stole my money!! Don't go here!!” 1 of 5 stars

Busuanga Seadive Resort
Seadive Resort Pier, Palawan Island 5316, Philippines   |
Ranked #10 of 18 Specialty Lodging in Coron
Winnipeg, Canada
“Stole my money!! Don't go here!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

My boyfriend & I decided to rent a double kayak from the dive shop & we were told to leave our bags at the front desk where it will be secured while we were out. When we came back 2.5 hrs later, we took our bags back & had lunch at the restaurant. Afterwards we went back to our hotel room where I noticed that I had a $100 Canadian bill missing from my bag. This bill was hidden deep inside the bag in a brown envelope so the likelihood of it falling it is very slim. When we complained to the manager, he was rude and unhelpful. He said he finds it odd that anyone would steal Canadian dollars as it cannot be cashed in town. I told him that it's not impossible to cash it as someone could go to manila or other cities nearby to cash it. Anyways the manager was very rude & useless so we filed a report with the police about the incident. Apparently there's nothing they can do about it but I told them that even just having my report on file is fine with me. Don't ever trust these people with your valuables. I'm not It sure who took my money but obviously it's one of the staff members working there who knew that we'd be gone for several hours. Absolutely poor customer service skills by the manager! He should not be in this type of business! He has no sense of emPathy or compassion at all. He told us that he's never had a problem with theft in the past 9 yrs or so that he's been there but after reading the terrible reviews on here, obviously anything that comes out if his mouth is a lie. Pls save yourself the aggravation & headache & stay away from this place at all cost.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Korean first
Beijing
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

What can I say that is positive about Sea Dive? Well, the staff are very friendly, that’s for sure. But, to be honest, that’s about it. The place is a disgrace. Neglect is everywhere and it is quite obvious that the staff have totally given up caring.
We booked in to a room with a fan (we didn’t feel it was necessary to have a/c) which turned out to have no outside windows, smelt of decay and stale air, and almost all the bathroom fixings were either coming away from the walls or had fallen off altogether. There wasn’t even anywhere to hang up a towel. We moved to a larger (a/c) room only to find that again there was nowhere to hang a towel and that we were subject to an incessant thump thump thump of “music” from the bar area below into the early hours.
Housekeeping failed to do up the room two days running, despite two requests to reception (who themselves were very surprised since the guy assigned to it had had the room key for three hours and had only one other room on his schedule to clean). We demanded to be moved to another room (which they did immediately) but the thump thump thump was even worse, and in this room the a/c was broken (so in effect we had the use of a fan only). Again nowhere to hang a towel.
The “free” coffee and tea provided downstairs was so disgusting that even one of the diving instructors who works there told us he thought it tasted like there was a dead rat in it!
And to add insult to injury they tried to charge us 1600 pesos per night instead of the advertised 1300 pesos (which they had confirmed to us when we checked in, and which they immediately “corrected” when we asked why the price had shot up).
We finally moved to the very much nicer KokosNuss hotel further up the street which is also cheaper than SeaDive (we got a nice room overlooking a large garden for 1200 pesos). In fact there are plenty of cheap hotels up the road all offering better rooms and better rates than SeaDive.
Our advice: avoid this place like the plague.

Room Tip: Having experienced three separate rooms, all of which were bad, I guess perseverance is a prerequisi...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Grapevine, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I did not stay at this hotel, but I did eat here on the nights I stayed in Coron.
Food was excellent. Many choices and good prices.
Wait staff was helpful.
The sunset was an added plus to watch while having a good meal.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
zhuhai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

this is my travelling alone for the first time.it's very interesting and memorable.my room was a little dim ,the bathroom often without water .BUT the dive shop‘s guys were very nice and took care of me.especially,Vince was my coach,he is a very very…nice man. He would patiently explain something over and over until I understood them.sometimes he also so cute~i really like chatting and having a "happy hour",something like have some beer and shoot pool with them~i will be back coron

Room Tip: higher floors have less damp
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We went to SeaDive in August 2013 to dive the wrecks. I did my advanced course and others in the group were just diving.

The dive outfit was great - really good equipment, the best boats I have been on diving in the Philippines and some really good dive masters and instructors. If you looking to learn or the idea of diving wrecks make you a little nervous Vincent is your man. He is a great teacher, knows the sites well and is a brilliant spotter. If you do a course with him, he also takes photos of you with his camera which is nice added value.

If you want a legend Nonoy is your man. He has 20,000 + dives or something ridiculous, he can scale up the challenge of the wrecks by taking you all sorts of neat routes round the boats if this is your thing. And when not diving he is cooking and driving boats. In fact I don't think we found something Nonoy couldn't do. And his laugh cracks you up every time.

Nico was also great - talked me through dive options given that our group were at different levels of ability and worked out a dive rotation to make it work. The low divers to dive master ratio they work by also makes this possible.

Some of the dives can be tricky because of depth, the complexity of the wreck structures and strong currents so you need to feel comfortable. I would recommend these guys.

Oh and lunch, drinks, coffee, water, beer on the boart between dives are all good also :) Good mix of fish, meat and vegetables. And the boat has an inside bit which is nice if you go in low season and it rains

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hollister, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I had no problems. I had no reservation but just showed up. I immediately upgraded to a room with a bathroom and a window to the outside when I saw what the cheapy rooms were like. It was clean and comfortable. I loved the restaurant. It was beautiful and breezy. I liked their smoothies, especially the coffee-chocolate one. I thought the staff was nice enough. No complaints.

But, and this isn't the Seadive's fault, I hated Coron. Everytime I left the 0asis of a restaurant to do anything (laundry, souvenir shopping, internet cafe, to the fish market to photograph dead eels, just walking around) I was encountered very unfriendly, unhappy people. The town is ugly and I think it must be divided between the haves and have-nots because there is some funny stuff going on. I did my day tour of the islands around where they nickel and dime you for everything (why not just one fee upfront to cover it all), even to step on a beach!

I will never return to Coron but if I had to go again, I would definitely stay at the SeaDive. I do recommend it to others---just make sure you upgrade!

Room Tip: Upgrade! Ask for a window facing the outdoors. They will let you look at several rooms and you can...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Manila
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The rooms need upgrading. The bathroom is very old and dirty and has a lot of mold in the shower. The showered with my sandals on. The water from the faucet smells. The AC is old and needs upgrading we were put on the third floor with very steep stairs. The restaurant is overpriced and food takes forever arrive on your table. Staff loud and is not mindful of the guest trying to eat and have some peace. The view on the restaurant is nice but the staff and overpriced food will destroy it. To get to the resort there is an alley that you need to go through that is questionable. There are better resorts in the area. I would never stay here again and highly suggest that you avoid this place.

Room Tip: Check the room first.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Busuanga Seadive Resort? Share your experiences!