- Location is absolutely perfect as almost everyone in Coron knows where "SeaDive" is. It is conveniently located beside the public market, the pier, several tour operators, restaurants, in front of the Tao Expeditions office, and the seaside location is just perfect.
- The room itself is nothing to write home about although I would say it is good value for money. I was not expecting hot water in the shower but the fan room that I got does have hot water.
- Reservation can be a bit of a pain as they do not publish any landline number. They have a published mobile number which you can call (according to the website) for purposes "other than room reservation". So I guess it is only for diving stuff? Also, no one picks up that phone as I have attempted to call it. Text messages are also not being replied to. I managed to get hold of the frontdesk mobile number through their facebook page. E-mails are being replied whenever they feel like it (like 2 days after you send your email). Reservation via PayPal is a pain as well as they won't be sending you a billing and upon checkout they will ask you how much you really have paid.
- During one of the nights of my stay, the lights went off in the room three times and I had to go to the frontdesk twice. On both occasions, I haven't heard any apologies and they just had me waiting at the lobby. I was not even informed that the lights finally got fixed until I actually asked them for an update.
- They have a restaurant with excellent food. However, it usually takes forever for the food to be served. The first time I've dined here was for dinner. I was standing for 5 minutes and nobody from the waiting staff ever asked me if I wanted to sit so again, I had to ask if there are available seats (there were plenty during that night) and if I could sit at one of the tables. After sitting there for about 10 minutes, I got impatient and asked for the menu. It was not an unusually busy evening as many tables are unoccupied. The following morning, I ordered breakfast at about 6am. Their morning staff are convening at the edge of the restaurant having coffee, eggs, etc. After 15 minutes of waiting and watching the staff eat, my coffee and food still hasn't been served. I had to ask for water but there was no one looking after the tables so I approached the counter and said that I will be cancelling my order. I had a better experience in a cafeteria just outside -- a much less expensive but fulfilling breakfast.
-- Upon arrival, I was thinking of options of touring for the latter half of the day (as I thought most island hopping tours are scheduled for a whole day). I've approached the frontdesk and they referred me to their Dive Center a few steps away. The Dive Center staff told me that they "only have private boats for hire". They haven't given any information beyond that and have assumed that I could not afford to charter one of their boats for the afternoon.
As stated above, the accommodation itself is average, however, the service is TERRIBLE on all aspects. Perhaps these guys are too busy looking after their foreign guests. If you're a local tourist (as I am), you have been warned, these people will not give you any assistance whatsoever.
I must admit that these folks at SeaDive need some competition in the Coron seaside area. Their location is hard to beat.
If asked, however, if I would choose to stay here again? The answer would most definitely be NEVER.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.